5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 4:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Imported f4v not complete - PE 14

ianr69984473

Greetings,

I'm trying out Premiere Elements 14 and when importing an F4V I get a file that Elements says is 6 min long that is really about 2 hours long.  The audio sounds good but the video just shows a single frame and eventually shifts to a new frame.

windows 10 pro

8gb ram

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

• 1. Re: Imported f4v not complete - PE 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Premiere Elements 14 on what computer operating system?

Adobe has removed Adobe Flash Video (F4V and FLV) as an export choice from 13/13.1 and 14.

And, I do not see F4V on Adobe's list of Supported Import Formats.for Premiere Elements 14.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

Please refer to Chapter 4. Importing and adding media.

I have created a simple F4V file in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and have tried to import it into Premiere Elements 14 Windows 10 64 bit.

I did import into Premiere Elements 14. The F4V on the hard drive had duration of 1 min 7 seconds. The F4V that imported into the project had a duration of 1 min 7 seconds.

I would suggest that you explore and experiment with the duration of your F4V versus its import characteristics into your Premiere Elements 14 project.

Please consider, and then supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Imported f4v not complete - PE 14
            ianr69984473 Level 1

Hi ATR,

This is on windows 10 pro 64 bit.  I am being supplied with f4v's of varying length out of Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder and I am trying to bypass the step of converting to avi or mov prior to editing.

I have tried several f4v's which import without error but do not display the full file (6min of a 2hour video).

Ian

• 3. Re: Imported f4v not complete - PE 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Thanks for the reply.

Have you seen any correlation at all between successful import of the F4V into Premiere Elements 14 and shorter duration for the original exported from the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder?

Can I assume that each of the files (success or not) has been created with the same Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder settings?

ATR

• 4. Re: Imported f4v not complete - PE 14
                ianr69984473 Level 1

They are all from the same install and have the same settings.  I have tried 4 thus far and I have not had a good import.  I'm thinking that it is a limitation of PE14.

Ian

• 5. Re: Imported f4v not complete - PE 14
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ian

Thanks for the reply.

If you think it worthwhile, I will try to create a 2 hour F4V and determine if it imports into Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

ATR