2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 6:55 AM by M_Anand

Recording

cocomick
      When I try to record a full motion demonstration of using an application my mouse flashes and everything slows down. When I try to scroll down on a page Captivate freezes up. I checked the Disabling Hardware box in the full motion settings and it worked better but not great. What could have changed to cause this. I had no problem recording full motion and month ago?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Recording
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Welcome to our community

When you record using Full motion, you are creating a temporary file that is later converted to Flash. Is it possible you are beginning to run low on hard disk space? Perhaps you need to clear temporary files (hey, they can really add up!).

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Recording
            M_Anand Level 3
            Hi cocomick,

Rick is right....over time if you do not clean up your temporary file they could eat up lot of your disk space. So please do that.

Additionally, since you said that a month ago FMR was working for you. May be some preference settings might have goofed up the FMR.
            So to switch back to Adobe Captivate's factory setting please delete captivate_v40.dat and restart the application.

you would find this file at:
            XP: <root>:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

Vista:<root>:Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

before deleting this file make sure you close captivate. Hope this resolves your issue.

-Manish
            http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate