4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 10:10 AM by turretgun

Premiere elements 14 and Nvidia graphic cards

turretgun Level 1

Does Adobe Premiere Elements 14 hardware acceleration work with the latest or newer Nvidia graphic cards? Do you have a list of compatible Nvidia graphic cards?

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 14 and Nvidia graphic cards
          A.T. Romano Level 7

turretgun

The Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 programs do not offer Hardware Acceleration with NVIDIA graphics cards. Also, Premiere Elements (any version) does not support CUDA. Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 offer Hardware Acceleration only with Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer....the card named just Intel HD Graphics does not offer the Hardware Acceleration.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13/13.1: Hardware Acceleration Preference

I know of no Adobe list of NVIDIA cards for Premiere Elements. Since Premiere Elements (any version) does not support CUDA, you do not need super card for Premiere Elements. It seems many go with NVIDIA GeForce or AMD (ATI) cards. The major NVIDIA card issue is specific for Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce card.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

But other applications on your computer may need to be factored in when deciding on the video card/graphics card for your computer.

Keeping all of that in mind, these card manufacturers typically have a "what card is right for me" section.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 14 and Nvidia graphic cards
            turretgun Level 1

Thank you ATR!

I'm building a new system, so if I buy the newest Intel chips motherboard and the Intel gen 6 CPU with Intel HD Graphics built in, then install a GeForce graphic card for gaming and hi-def videos, dose this mean I will still have Hardware Acceleration for Premiere Elements 14 and also get the benefits from the high end nVidia graphic card? can they co-exist? or the Intel HD Graphics will not work because I have the GeForce card installed?

Also I just chatted with a nVidia tech, he confirmed that GeForce Series of graphic cards will not help on the Premiere Elements 14 performance and he said for video editing I should go with their new Quadro series graphic cards (M4000 or M5000).

NVIDIA Announces Quadro M5000 & M4000 Video Cards, DesignWorks Software Suite

He said Quadro series are designed for high end software applications like AutoCAD, Maya, 3D Max and other animation software... I guess this means Quadro cards will also boost PME14 processing speed? do you know anything about this? Thanks.

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 14 and Nvidia graphic cards
              A.T. Romano Level 7

turretgun

Thanks for the reply with very clear details.

History has it that the two video card/graphics card setup runs into problems with Premiere Elements. And, the solutions have gone to leaving only the built in Intel HD Graphics enabled. I do not know if NVIDIA can advise you on if and how the Quadro might be configured to avoid this type of situation.

I have no knowledge of whether or not the Quadro cards will boost Premiere Elements 14 processing speed? If it is through CUDA, then I venture No.

When you were talking to the NVIDIA people were they aware that Premiere Elements in contrast to Premiere Pro does not support CUDA? My first impression is that Premiere Elements cannot take advantage of all the perks of this Quadro card.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 14 and Nvidia graphic cards
                turretgun Level 1

Thanks again ATR!

I'm going to build a new PC with all the newest components (Intel i7 gen 6), can you give me your advice on what hardware configuration you will use for the performance of Premiere Elements 14? and also good for games? Maybe balance between Adobe video editing & games? I'm not a video game enthusiast but from time to time I play games so I still need a good video card that can handles games 3Ds etc., and don't want to see Premiere Elements 14 stutter on 4K editing , what graphic cards, brands, models etc. will you use for Premiere Elements 14?