9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 10:09 AM by Sue Garibaldi

How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?

shellyp32735395

I have made my graphic on Adobe Draw app on an iPad Mini but every time I go to send it to Illustrator on my computer it does not automatically open up the graphic. And yes I'm signed into creative cloud.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Shelly,

A couple of questions:

* When you send from your device, are you seeing a  "Sent!" notification?

* When you open your Creative Cloud Desktop App, and click on the Assets tab, then on the Files or Fonts tab, is it showing that your files are synced or are you seeing a spinner?

* Also, can you check that your Creative Cloud Desktop App is running using the same Adobe ID account that you used for Comp. (You can see it on the desktop by clicking on the Gear icon, then clicking on Preferences and in the app you can see it by tapping on the Comp CC icon.)

Let me know.

Sue.

• 2. Re: How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?
            shellyp32735395 Level 1

Hi Sue,

- When I sent the graphic and message popped up with Sent and a little check next to it.

- As for the other two questions my Creative Cloud Desktop App is having some problems! It was working a few minutes ago and I had stepped away from my computer and its seems to just have a spinner trying to load it now.

• 3. Re: How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?

Hi Shelly,

OK, Please follow these steps:

1. Quit the Creative Cloud Desktop Application (Click on the Gear icon, select Preferences, then Sign Out)

2. Then, from the Go menu in the Finder, choose Go to Folder

3. Paste in this path and click Go:  ~/Library/Preferences/

4. In the window that opens, you should see a list of files including com.adobe.accmac.plist

5. Click on com.adobe.accmac.plist and renamed it com.adobe.accmac.plist.old; you'll be asked to confirm that you want to change the extension to .old

6. Start the Creative Cloud desktop application again

7. Once you restart your Creative Cloud Desktop App, try sending from Draw again

Let me know how it goes.

Sue.

• 4. Re: How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?
                C_Lockeby

Hi Sue,

I've seen your name in quite a few posts here so first, thanks for all the support and replies!

I'm dealing with the same issue right now and wanted to mention that I did try your suggested procedure but no change. I've also tried the uninstall/reinstall that was suggested in another post. And yes, I'm signed-in to both apps (Illustrator CC 2015 on my Macbook and Draw v3.x on my iPad) with the same account (free Creative Cloud account) and everything is up and running properly it would seem. I get the "Sent!"/checkmark overlay on my iPad confirming the file transfer but the pop-up on my Macbook reads "Send to Desktop: Unable to open file. Please try sending from your device again". However I've noticed a couple of interesting things:

1. My Creative Cloud account has two entries; my free individual account and my enterprise account for work. No idea on the login/password for my enterprise account but I have contacted my IT Admin about the issue and he's checking into it as well.

2. I switched to a Macbook at work a few months ago and "Send to Illustrator" hasn't worked since. Prior to the switch I was working (if you can call it working) on a Dell Latitude and had no problem sending files to Illustrator CC (2013/2014).

3. I can send to my Creative Cloud account with no problems at all. Well, other than the fact that it sends/saves as a PNG instead of an AI or other vector format.

I'm really at a loss for what to do. I LOVE using Draw but when all I get after saving is a flat PNG, it's usefulness is greatly diminished. I hope someone is able to figure out a fix, either from the app/desktop side or my user error if that's the case.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?

Hi C.

The issues we were seeing were definitely a Mac issue; we were able to test it with someone who was running Illustrator CC on both a Mac and a PC and he only had trouble on the Mac. But your issue sounds a bit different. The error message you're getting on the desktop side is not typical of the problem we were running into with sending to desktop

A couple of questions:

When you open your Creative Cloud Desktop App, and click on the Assets tab, then on the Files or Fonts tab, is it showing that your files are synced or are you seeing a spinner?

What version of the CC Desktop App are you using (2.3.0.151 is the most recent)?

Also, I'm super confused about the accounts you're using: Are you signing in to the app with your free account and using a trial version of Illustrator CC and signing in to the desktop with that same free account ID? (The thing that's throwing me here is that you said you switched platforms a few months ago and "trials" are just for 30 days. Is there a chance that your Illustrator CC trial has expired?)

Let me know. I've also checked in with the Draw product team about the error message you're getting.

Sue.

• 6. Re: How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?
                    C_Lockeby Level 1

Hi Sue, sorry about the delay in my replay. Holidays, etc. You know.

To answer your questions:

My CC desktop app Assets > Files and/or Fonts shows an "All files up to date" message with a checkmark and the percentage of storage used. And it is the most recent version (2.3.0.151).

As for my account(s), the CC 2015 suite on my macbook is an enterprise installation. When I first opened the CC desktop app, it asked me to sign in so I used my free personal account, the same account I use on my iPad with my Adobe apps. All of the CC 2015 applications then show me logged in under the Help tab: Sign Out (name@domain.com).

When select Manage My Account and log in, under Plans & Products I see:

• Adobe enterprise account
                      Contact your IT administrator to make changes to your membership.
                    • Creative Cloud free membership
                      Manage plan

If I select View your products, I see the message "You have no registered products". At first I thought that could be part of the problem, CC 2015 products under one account, CC desktop app under another, but prior to getting our new macbooks, I had the same same account setup on the Dell laptop I previously mentioned. The only difference being the Dell had CC 2014 installed, which had no problems opening files sent from my iPad's Adobe Draw app (version 3.1.2).

So that's the issue. Similar to what I've read in other posts, but kind of unique as well. I appreciate you checking with the Draw product team. Hopefully someone can figure out a fix or work around.

Thanks again and I hope your 2016 is off to a great start!

C.

• 7. Re: How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?
                      eveliens83076589

Hello, I am having exactly the same issue. I also have Adobe CC on my new Macbook Pro with a device license from work and I am logged in with my free personal account. I am getting exactly the same message: "Unable to open file. Please try sending from your device again". I'm logged into the same free personal account on the iPad that I use Adobe Sketch and Adobe Draw with. Did you find a solution yet?

• 9. Re: How do I get my graphic from the Draw app to my computer illustrator app?

Hi C.

I'm SO sorry. I thought I posted this two weeks ago, but I just came to the page and realized that, although I wrote a response, I didn't publish it.

Happy new year!

I'm super confused but, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're using your free account to sign into the desktop (and to your mobile apps).. With that free account, are you using trial versions of Creative Cloud desktop software? And, if you are/were using a trial version of the software has the 30-day period expired? Trial software is only good for 30 days.

It sounds like the work is being created on the mobile apps using your "free" account but all the desktop apps available to you are under your "enterprise" account. And it's not possible to cross-send work... even if you have the apps on your desktop from your enterprise account.

Again, I'm really sorry.

Sue.