1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 7:19 AM by Szalam

How do you make a text layer that's a .png file into 3D text and apply 3D camera tracking to it?

SebAng88

I'm trying to have the text appear from behind this Skateboarder skating passed a driveway, I want the text to grow from the bottom to the top.

The motion of the footage is pretty fast, it was shot from the bottom giving it a fish eye lens effect & the concrete of the driveway is all one tone of color (gray). So it's pretty impossible to get a good 3D camera track, then create a camera & null layer, then copy + paste their attributes to the .png text layer..

I've already created the foreground mask of the Skater, that's all good. .but the Motion Tracking is not working!!!. . .I have to go in frame by frame and fix, which doesn't look right at the end. ..

Also, to create the text layer to grow from the bottom up, do I just create another mask of the background and rise it from bottom to top?

Thank you for your time everyone. .. Any knew knowledge provider will be much appreciated & forever used!

Peace,

Sebastian A.