5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 6:51 AM by Szalam

Slider Effect Help

Evokejay Level 1

Hi,

I came across this animation video:

[ Media Whale ] Home Halo Explainer - YouTube

It's got slider effects and split screens and would love some assistance in how to mimic the effect. Thanks

• 1. Re: Slider Effect Help
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

This is just basic AE animation with a bunch of moving colored solids. There is no magic beyond that.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Slider Effect Help
            Evokejay Level 1

Exactly how is a response essentially stating "This is easy" helpful and pushes discussion? I asked for assistance not a comment.

• 3. Re: Slider Effect Help
              Gutter-Fish Level 4

I think by basic animations he means that colored solids are having their position and scale attributes animated (key framed) over time.  I would probably do it with masks myself.  While it is basic it would still require a wall of text to walk you through the steps.  We have no way of knowing how much if any experience you have using after effects & just asking "how do I do this?"  will often get you an equally vague response.

Create a solid, open the transform properties, unlock the proportional scale, animate the position and scale-x to get the desired effect, repeat with other colored solids.   It really is as basic as it gets in terms of structure but making it look good is about understanding basic animation principles & color theory  I would suggest finding some tutorials on Youtube about basic key frame animation or animating masks..  Check out Mt. Mograph's channel on Youtube.  While you may not find something that walks you through creating that exact effect you will learn everything you need to achieve it yourself.  Like how to create a solid, give it a color & animate the position and scale.

• 4. Re: Slider Effect Help
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

There's nothing to explain. It's basic AE stuff. Keyframes upon keyframes. You simply have to learn how AE works.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Slider Effect Help
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since you're new to AE, I'd recommend this set of resources to get you started: Getting started with After Effects