13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 3:58 AM by Mohammad Modassir

Adobe's License and copyrights

Mohammad Modassir Level 1

Hi,

If i buy and install on only one computer the following software from this page;

[Link to non-adobe website selling "lifetime" license to creative cloud software removed by moderator]

....will i the be in violation of Adobes Copyrights and license agreements?

Message was edited by: Peter Spier

• 1. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

They are claiming of offer a Lifetime License for a program that is only available by subscription.

That means that they are selling something that they have no legal right to sell.

• 2. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights

Are you referring to Adobes copyrights? Which ones? Please refer to articles in the copyrights and not any assumption please.

• 3. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Creative Cloud is sold only by subscription, and only by Adobe and their authorized partners. Anyone claiming to sell a perpetual license is breaking the law.

• 4. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights
                BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Nobody is making assumptions. It's illegal...PERIOD.

• 5. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights
                  Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

On behalf of Adobe, I'll make this very simple and clear.

There is no such thing as a “lifetime license to Adobe Creative Cloud.” If someone is trying to sell you that, there are two possibilities:

(1) They are trying to sell you the software equivalent of the Brooklyn Bridge. They can't deliver on this “too good to be true” deal.

(2) They are offering some type of “cracked” version of the software that will appear to be some type of perpetual license but will ultimately fail as updates to the base Creative Suite installers and applications are themselves downloaded and installed.

If you buy into such a scheme, not only are you in violation of the Adobe licenses for the software and subject to both criminal and civil legal liability, but you are both abetting criminals and scamming yourself.

- Dov

• 6. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights

Hi, thank you sir, i appreciate someone from the Adobe replied :

But both scenario you mentioned – the seller decline them and say something else, you can see the discussion between me and him below:

From you:16/11/2015 18:49

Hi,
                    Can you please explain to me that the OEM products you sell, is not in violence of any Adobe copyrights nor license agreements? Because Adobe is the manufacture of that software example Adobe Indesign CC 2015 with lifetime license. So have you read their copyrights and license agreement or did you just ignore them and hacked and made that software? Please answer to exactly this question in my message.

From support team:16/11/2015 19:30

Dear Customer,

We're glad to help our customers and provide them with high quality software!

We sell OEM software versions, that's why the price is so amazingly pleasing. Our software is absolutely legal, has lifetime license and contains all necessary tools and functions as other retail versions. You can install it on any computer and use worldwide.

The ONLY difference is that our OEM version cannot be registered online and, also, you won't have support from the vendor. All support is provided through our support team ONLY! But the activation is fully available and you can use all automatic updates of your software! (using activator each time after applying updates)

We are not under contract with or "authorized" to sell on behalf of any particular software manufacturer.

As a result, we are able to sell our products significantly below the MSRP.
                    We purchase at lower prices from reputable sources in the wholesale market and pass those savings on to you.

We hope to have answered all of your queries today.

Best Regards,
                    Software Depot.

From you:16/11/2015 20:53

i understand. ...bytheway is it possible that you can ask for adobe's approval and send me that approval ? if you do so, i will buy this . Please let me know what you do

From support team:16/11/2015 21:24

Dear Customer,

As we have already mentioned in our previous reply, we are not under contract with or "authorized" to sell on behalf of any particular software manufacturer.

We purchase at lower prices from reputable sources in the wholesale market and pass those savings on to you. So we cannot provide you any additional aproval, except that we're an international company and we have thousands of satisfied clients each day and we guarantee full legality and clarity in our deals all over the world.

Best Regards,
                    Software Depot.

From you:16/11/2015 22:14

But does'nt it require Adobe's permission before you can sell a product made by them? i.e Adobe Indesign CC 2015 , or am i wrong?

Im asking this so Adobe wont fine me.

From support team:16/11/2015 22:23

Dear Customer,

As we have already mentioned, we sell an OEM version of software and we are not under contract with or "authorized" to sell on behalf of any particular software manufacturer.

We purchase at lower prices from reputable sources in the wholesale market and pass those savings on to you.

Our software are standalone versions with an embedded OEM lifetime licenses. They are legal and can be used in any needs.

Best Regards,
                    Software Depot.

Dear Customer,

We provide full OEM version with built-in product key and OEM activator.

The ONLY difference is that OEM version cannot be registered online and, also, you won't have support from the vendor.

Feel free to contact us anytime.

Best Regards,

Software Depot.

So what to conclude? Is this seller legit or not? If i purchase from that store, will I then really be in violence of adobes copyrights and license agreements?

Which articles on adobe will that be?

And is there any scan Adobe can run on my purchased product to determine if its counterfeit or not? i.e legal or not? – because if it is, then i can return it, as the seller allows return.

• 7. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights
                      Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You think a liar will tell you he's a liar? What about that conversation makes you think the software is legitimate? There is no such thing as an OEM version of any Adobe product, and if there was, you would be able to register it, just as you are able to register your OS and any other third-party software pre-installed on a legitimate new system.

Good luck getting your money back if you give it to them.

• 8. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights
                        BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like you’re going to buy it anyway so go ahead. Just don’t come back here for support or complaining that not only did they take your money but stole your credit card information as well.

• 9. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights

No im not going to buy it! It was and old message. I just wanted to expose such conterfeit or illegal sales management. So people can be aware and avoid it.

The staffmember Dov Isaacs is absolutely CLEAR and SOUND on this!

• 10. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights
                            cbishop01 Level 2

I would go through adobe to get their products.  the cloud service is cheap.  And Legal.  the version your about to buy sounds like its not legit. 

• 11. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights

It does'nt sound like. IT IS NOT LEGIT FOR SURE!

• 12. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights
                                Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

There are a number of such companies claiming to sell “OEM versions” of Adobe software at greatly reduced prices.

This is a total scam that has been going on for many years! Don't fall for it.

- Dov

• 13. Re: Adobe's License and copyrights

Thank you Sir, for your answer. I appreciate it very much. Now i feel im safe, thanks to you.   Now i know what to look for or not look for. Adobe and its authorized resellers are the ONLY ones from which one can buy from — legally. All others will fall under the illegal area — counterfeit, scam and leads to penalty and criminal charges!

Again, thanks for clarification Sir.