4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 12:02 PM by gunnar@holmberga.se

Is premiere elements 9 working with windows 10

gunnar@holmberga.se Level 1

After update yesterday fromwindows  7 to windows 7 to Windows 10 my version of PE is not working properly. Parts of the screens flickers and is is not possible to edit files because of this.

Reinstall of PE, three different versions of Quicktime 7

• 1. Re: Is premiere elements 9 working with windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gunnar

Premiere Elements 9....make sure that you have updated 9 to 9.0.1 using the following online download (not Help Menu/Updates in an opened Premiere Elements 9 project).

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

Depending on the results...

a. Assure that you have the latest driver version for your video card/graphics card (assuming one video card/graphics card)

and

b. If video card/graphics card is up to date according to the web site of the manufacture of the card, then delete the BadDrivers.txt file

based on the how to for Premiere Elements 9 found

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

And according to the how to in the article, make sure that Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives is enable so that you can see path to the BadDrivers.txt file.

Please install QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows 10 Home 64 bit. QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Is premiere elements 9 working with windows 10

Thanks for a prompt answer. I  began with a re-installed, updated 9.0.1 version of PE just to be sure (but everything worked fine until the upgrade to Win10.) BadDrivers.txt file was aleady deleted some years ago).

My computer is a HP Desktop 6300 MT, and the HP website assures that the correct version of Intel graphic driver was installed. However, Intel recommended and installed a later driver called "Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 19 64 GBit (3rd Gen & BYT), Installed version: 15.33.38.64.4252 (Latest version) for Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit" Windows device manager says: "Version 10.18.4252 dated 2015-07-10".

My problem - as far as I have ben able to evaluate - occurs when  I try to move around film clips along the time line  with the mouse. Vertical lines occur along the time line showing where the mouse pointer has been. When I try to move a clip along the time line with the mouse a slighty enlarged screen picture adds (se attachement). I can scroll this new timeline into place and it occur nice - but the vertical lines are still there.

Minimizing the screen and then open the PE window again gives a clean view, until next attempt to move a clip into place. Yes, the clip really moves, but it it impossible to see where until the next refresh of the screen. A more simple way to refresh the screen is the zoom tool to the right. When I watch my edited movie clip on the big beautiful screen everything works normal.

Conclusion: It is so far only the time line with its  different tracks that is confused, and so far only when I tries to move a clip just into correct place. Playing the movie and other editing commands seem so far to work as remember it from Win7. But because of this annoying editing problem I have not been able to evalue fully.

Looking forward to your comments!

Best regards,

• 3. Re: Is premiere elements 9 working with windows 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

gunnar

Thanks for the reply.

BadDrivers.txt file deletion needs to be done now and not depending on a deletion of that file in the past.

Did the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Windows 10 64 bit problems start before or after you updated the video card/graphics card's driver version? If after, does a roll back of the driver version, get rid of the problems?

You wrote

When I try to move a clip along the time line with the mouse a slightly enlarged screen picture adds (see attachment)

I do not see the attachment. Could you try again to send it to your thread as jpeg.

Although I do not think the following are at the core of your issue, just in case

a. Right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality and then Highest

b. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and Timeline Rendering Quality to set to High quality, Slow speed.

Premiere Elements 9 is notorious for its display issues. My first choice for solution is still a now deletion of BadDrivers.txt file and perhaps roll back of video card/graphics card driver version. But the answer will be in the details, and we will let them give us troubleshooting direction.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 4. Re: Is premiere elements 9 working with windows 10

Thanks

for the reply.

1. BadDrivers.txt

file deletion needs to be done now and not depending on a deletion of that file

in the past.

Answer: When PE was running under Win7 the BadDrivers.txt

file was deleted. After re-installation I have tried both with and without that

file. No difference, but may it be deleted for now and on!!!

Did the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Windows 10 64 bit problems start before or

after you updated the video card/graphics card's driver version? If after, does

a roll back of the driver version, get rid of the problems?

Answer: The problem occurred at first start after upgrade

from Win 7 to Win 10.

That means:

a) Same PE configuration without BadDrivers.txt,

b) Quicktime ver 7.7.6 (?) from about late 2014 early 2015.

c) Intel driver recommended by HP (today!) 9.17.10.3517 A, 25 Jul 2014

Conclusion:

No problems with graphic driver during Win7-time, same driver 2 days later

caused the problem in Win10 on the same computer. .

Update

of the driver and roll-back to Quicktime 7.7.6 (as well as 7.7.7) made no

change.With and without BadDrivers.txt in all configurations.

So far - the only problem I have noticed is that it is not possible to move clips along the time line. Bad enough, as it prevents me from making a movie. Other commands such as adding effects, cutting and playing clips work fine. Commands that effect the appearance of the screen also removes the disturbance until I try to move the clips again. The clips really move but it is no way to see where they go -  which is annoying. See picture 2.

So I still have to keep up to the question: Is PE version 9.0.1 corresponding with Win10?

Best regards!

/Gunnar