• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't detect fonts

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I open a pdf in Illustrator CC or InDesign CC none of the fonts are recognised.  I have my fonts in a folder in the CC folder on my machine and I can type using all my fonts but the CC will not detect any of the fonts that are already in a document that has been created previously.

PC. Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Microsoft – Official Home Page and search for Microsoft articles on how you install fonts in Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John but they are installed quite well enough to work in open office & word so there is no issue.  If I create a file in CC AI or CC INDD then the fonts work fine.  Opening a pdf thats already made results in a choice of font of Myriad Pro, Myriad Pro or Myriad Pro. Irrespective of what fonts are actually in the document.  I can't therefore see that the fonts aren't installed per se more that adobe is failing to see them in certain situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had installed Adobe Acrobat Reader without realising.  Uninstalling that has fixed my CC issue.  Why another Adobe product would interfere with CC I have no idea but a big thank you to any Adobe staff who helped me out on this forum.  Oh, hang on, they didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines