10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 2:19 PM by bronwyn-lewis

Using when offline?

JNAH

Extremely saddened to have planned a trip to capture clips for a project. 1 day traveling, wake up, get on a boat on a river in the middle of nowhere and cannot use Prem because I didn't have cellular or wi-if connection. Spent the next 5 hours watching all off the amazing footage pass by.

why would this product prevent users from using anytime they have enough battery and storage? So disappointed, especially since I am a full licensed CC subscriber.

bogus.

• 1. Re: Using when offline?
          kirker Level 4

Hi JNAH,

I'm so sorry to hear about your trouble. This is a known issue that the team is communicating about and working on. See this thread for more info: How can I use Premiere Clip on an airplane with no internet connection?

Cheers!

-Kathleen

• 2. Re: Using when offline?
            JNAH Level 1

thanks for the reply.

so, will users be explicitly informed of when this fix will be made or is it just a wait and see game?

i cannot afford to rely on these tools when making plans to lean on them in the field.  noted, I have already lost two days at great expense and would be foolish to entertain using Prem again with such important functionality missing.

• 3. Re: Using when offline?
              bronwyn-lewis Adobe Employee

Hi John,

I'm sorry that you had a frustrating experience. Can you tell me which version of Premiere Clip you were using? Had you previously logged in to the app with your Adobe ID?

We have done some work in recent releases to improve this so that once you are logged in initially, you stay logged in, even if you lose connectivity (as with airplane mode). It would be helpful to get some details about what you experienced (and with what release) so that we can continue to improve the experience.

Thanks,

Bronwyn

• 4. Re: Using when offline?
                JNAH Level 1

Hi,

Since I have lost trust with the product, I have not tried using it unless I know I am "on-line" and will remain on-line.  I think this is a shame since I had hoped it could be used to capture clips anywhere anytime as that would provide a user with a more meaningful experience.  Since my experience using it cost me a lot of time and money, I will wait to see if anyone will every answer my question about it being fixed and being reliable.

The experience was simple: I had logged in with my Adobe ID (as that is clearly required to use it) so to "play with it and make sure I understood the controls and process for using it.  Then when I was out in the bush, off the grid and needed to use it - it worked for 2 or 3 clips (first hour of a 2 day outing) then it would not since it REQUIRED me to sign in and for who knows what reason, it needed authentication.

I have no idea what version it was during the outing since i have my device set to auto-update and believe there may have been an update since.

I would happily accept the issue if I was informed or if I was a beta tester for you, but there was no mention of this significant issue when I chose to install and try the app. Also, my question above was not answered.

Thanks,

John

• 5. Re: Using when offline?

Hi John,

I'm really sorry that this was such a frustrating experience for you. We have done a lot of work in recent versions of the app to improve the sign on experience. Once you are signed in, as long as you use the app about once every few months (regardless of whether you are online or offline), you will not get logged out.

Premiere Clip can ingest footage from iOS/Android camera apps as well as your Creative Cloud & Lightroom files. When you were on the trip, were you planning to shoot directly into Premiere Clip?

Thanks,

Bronwyn

• 6. Re: Using when offline?
                    yaykyle

Take a look at the Google iOS apps. Once you sign in to one it's trivial to sign into others. They show a list of signed-in Google accounts and you can tap one of them to sign into the new app. Right now you have to sign into each Adobe iOS app separately. Very frustrating.

Perhaps you could offer an option to stay signed in. Many apps are able to offer this.

• 7. Re: Using when offline?
                      kirker Level 4

EDIT: See Bronwyn's response below. Thanks!

Hi yaykyle,

Thank you for that awesome feature request. We love hearing feedback!

-Kathleen

• 8. Re: Using when offline?

Hi Kyle,

We do support Single Sign In (SSO) across Adobe mobile apps, so when you log into one, you should be automatically logged in when you launch a second or third app. Can you share which apps you are using where you are having trouble/need to log in to each separately?

Thanks,

Bronwyn

• 9. Re: Using when offline?
                          yaykyle Level 1

Today I noticed it on Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Fix, and Adobe Capture.

• 10. Re: Using when offline?

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the info. Will you please update all of these apps to the latest version and let us know if you still experience issues with logging in across the apps?

Best,

Bronwyn