• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I hook up a site navigation link to open a page's tab

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m working on a template that has a tabbed navigation that I am using in a page named Services. Each tab will be labeled according to a list of services. In each tabs panel with be a description, possibly an image and call to action text.

The site navigation has a horizontal menu with the Services having a dropdown listing their services, into a submenu.

What I need to do is when the user clicks on one of the Services in the dropdown, lets say, Used Equipment, I need for the tab on the Services page to highlight the Used Equipment tab and open it's respective panel of information.

I appreciate any help with this.

I'm not a javascript developer. I do use jquery.

Thanks so much!
Marian

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marian,

Please post an URL to your website

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mihai,

Thanks so much for getting back to me regarding this problem I am having.

Here is the url of the site.

http://howardconcretepumping.businesscatalyst.com/sales-n-services/services

When you go to this page, the Overview tab is highlighted with the specific panel of content displaying on the page.

What I would like this to do is when one of the sub links in the Services dropdown to be clicked, that the appropriate tab be highlighted with it's respective panel of content displaying as well.

I really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks so much!

Marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marian,

It appears there is a javascript error on your site - https://monosnap.com/file/WNpfNKeVm7vX0CQcsbYYlr5sN1JNrW.png which might interfere with the "selected" state being correctly applied to the menu.

As far as I can see jQuery('.tp-banner') returns no element and that is why the revolution function fails - correct that first and then see if the menu works correctly.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mihai.

I noticed this error but this is how that jquery Revolution Slider is coded. It was in the template I purchased and I did some investigation and noticed the same.

I changed things on the site so I don't need to have this function as I wanted it to work originally.

Thanks again for your help.

Marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines