4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 4:43 PM by timmyleeturner

elements 14 locks when editing

stevenc29725658

every time I make a cut using premier elemets 14...the program locks up

• 1. Re: elements 14 locks when editing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenc

What computer operating system is involved?

What have you imported to the project's workspace for editing? And, please detail "cut"....scissors tool, Ctrl+K, trimming in the Preview Window.....?

How large is the project when the cut triggers the program lock up?

Please give more details of your source media and project.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: elements 14 locks when editing
            stevenc29725658 Level 1

I am in windows system 8 using an I7 processor and 16 gig of RAM, the project I am currently working on is 58 minutes and I am using the scissor tool....I have been rebooting the program and it isn't  the scissor tool, it just locks up after a few minutes

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: elements 14 locks when editing
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenc

Thanks for the reply.

What are the properties of what you have on the Timeline for those 58 minutes - videos, photos, other?

At what time point in those 58 minutes did the lock up with any activity start - 10 minutes into the project, 20 minutes, or only now at 58 minutes?

The properties of the Timeline content are important to the trouble shooting - sometimes we can gain the information that we need by knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video.

What is the clock speed of your processor and how much available RAM and free hard drive space do you have at the 58 minutes point?

ATR

• 4. Re: elements 14 locks when editing
                timmyleeturner Level 1

I'm using 14 on a Gaming Laptop with GB's of free space and no problems with an other programs.  Attempting to export my 2nd video of the night, got error saying it couldn't complete and locked up the program.  I've waited two hours for it to clear up so I could save my work, but doesn't look like it's going to work after working on this for hours.