• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panning features disabled

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got Captivate 4 and installed it. I watched the Recording tutorial that comes with Captivate 4. (I've been using Captivate 1 for several years.) I went to try out the new Panning feature but when I go to the "Auto Recording" button and click it. The Automatic Recording options box appears. However, the "Panning" drop down box is disabled. The exact same thing happens when I click the Full Motion Recording button or the Manual Recording button. And the same thing is happening no matter which "Mode" that I have checked. Is there some setting somewhere that turns the Panning on? What am I doing wrong?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An observation: Looks like you can only use the Panning features if your recording size is smaller than the window you're recording. I think I was thinking more of this feature as a zoom tool than what it actually does. If my recording size is smaller than the window I'm recording, then the Panning features are enabled.

I had looked up the Panning feature in the Adobe documentation and it was extremely limited on what it says. I think a lot more needs to be written about this feature so we're not guessing on what it's suppose to do and what it's limitations are. I had to figure this one out on my own since the documentation wasn't sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi eNerd,

Panning options(Automatic panning/Manual panning) are NOT available when:

1. you choose to record in FullScreen mode.
  2. the recording size is 80%(in dimension) of the screen dimension.

Manual panning is NOT available when:

• In the preferences dialog, at Recording -> Settings, 'Hide: Recording window' checkbox is checked.

-Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources