3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 6:33 AM by A.T. Romano

huge font in Premiere Element 14

kevin9708053

I purchased both Photoshop Element 14 and Premiere Element 14. I put them side by side on the same screen. You can notice the Premiere Element 14 has huge font compared to PSE that make the workspace much smaller. My monitor is Dell 2412M 1920x1200. It is a popular IPS monitor used by photographers. Could you please let me know how to make the font of Premiere as small as Photoshop?

MenuFont.jpg

• 1. Re: huge font in Premiere Element 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kevin

I do not believe you can do anything about this if they are both on the same computer being viewed with the same monitor. The issue apparently goes to the native resolution of your monitor assumed 1920/1200 and scaling.

This type of situation came up in Premiere Elements 13. But, it is my dusty recollection that it was corrected in the 13.1 Update for 13. Please see the following thread and especially the comments of PRE_Help (Adobe Premiere Elements Help Team) who stepped up to make comments post 14.

Huge Menu font size on Premiere Elements 13 and Organizer 13, how to configure ?

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially a user to user forum. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is undefined. The presence is more likely for a question related to the just released version. Let us see if PRE_help enters your thread with the Adobe current definition for this matter.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 2. Re: huge font in Premiere Element 14
            kevin9708053 Level 1

ART,

Thanks for your help. I have read the Premiere 13 thread and understood Adobe did not want to help.

I have figured out a solution just now: first I changed my screen resolution to 1920x1080 before start Premiere Element; then I load Premiere and the font is correct this time; the last step is to change back my screen resolution to 1920x1200 and drag the Premiere window to fill up entire screen. Bingo! So Premiere Element is apparently able to handle the 1920x1200 resolution, but it uses a funny algorithm at loading time which makes it not work.

Kevin

• 3. Re: huge font in Premiere Element 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Kevin

Thanks for the follow up.

Very interesting troubleshooting and workaround for your 1920 x 1200 monitor display and Premiere Elements 14 font size issue.

If you use your workaround and then save close the project and then reopen it with 1920 x 1200 monitor setup, what are you looking at - font OK, or font large?

Also, do you have to do the workaround for each new project?

Great job of follow through. We will be watching for further developments.

ATR