Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Citrix Provisioning

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work for an IT service provider and we are in the process of taking on a new customer’s IT infrastructure. At present the customer has a series of desktop PCs all with Adobe Acrobat Standard installed. The new solution we are providing for them is a thin client Citrix environment and I need to understand our licensing obligations for this.

I have searched for your Citrix policy and have found the following document around Acrobat licensing.

https://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/Citrix_Policy_A7-5-31-2011.pdf

I have extracted the part specifically for Citrix:

Hosted server software (e.g., Citrix)

Acrobat may be installed and used on hosted server software server for direct usage by end users (no automated, programmatic, or scripted usage or other restrictions as stated in the EULA) so long as each individual named user with access to the application and/or the Acrobat print driver must have a license. (For example - 100 named users have hosted server software access. Out of those 100 users, only 50 have access to the Acrobat application and/or the Acrobat print driver. This would require 50 Acrobat licenses.)

Licenses are intended to be fixed NOT concurrent. In other words, you can’t remove access for one user in order to give that access to a different user and then return access back to the original user. Users should be static. Notwithstanding the foregoing, permanent switchovers are acceptable (i.e., an employee has left the company). No sharing of a single hosted server software ID. Each End User must have his own unique login to hosted server software to use Acrobat. No usage in which the user population would be uncountable. (For example – no use of a shared ID that allows multiple people to log into a shared hosted server software account to use Acrobat. This would create an uncountable user population).

The customer does not need to purchase a license for the hosted server software.

This states that licenses must be fixed to users but does not state how they need to be locked down within Citrix. The way we are looking to provide Adobe Acrobat Standard is to set it up as a “Published Application” in Citrix. This will be associated with an Active Directory group and then only users within that group will have access to the application. We can then ensure that we have sufficient licenses to cover all members of the group. Can you please confirm via email to me that this meets all licensing requirements. If you have any documentation that covers this in detail could you please provide them.

I have contacted your customer support and they could not provide an answer on this and I’m sure this is something you will have been asked before.

Many thanks for your assistance.

James

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe your customer support is absolutely APPALLING!

This is a simple question that will have been asked to you by numerous customers. I have called your help desk now on 11 times. Each time I get past to around 4 teams and have to explain the issue every time. I have been told to post the issue on this forum and that I would get a response from one of your teams within 3 hours and days later there is still nothing. I have been told that I will get a call back from one of your teams and agreed a time and got nothing. Twice I have been told to go on the online chat facility and they too have not got a clue.

This issue is holding up a deployment for us and I have never seen such terrible customer service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Yikes, I'm sorry you've had such a difficult time tracking down this information. Does this section of the Acrobat ETK help you out?

Citrix Deployments — Enterprise Administration Guide

If that doesn't get you started, just let me know and I'll do my best to get you in touch with someone who can be of some help to you.

Best regards,

Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca,

It partly answers the question. So from this I see that we can publish it as an application in Citrix. So if we lock it down to just 50 users of the 100 that will be logging into the Citrix farm using an Active Directory group will this be acceptable when we have 50 licenses purchased? Only the 50 users in the AD group would have visibility of Acrobat.

Many thanks

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi James,

Yes, in this case since only 50 users have access to Acrobat in the Citrix farm, having 50 licenses is sufficient as per our EULA. Hope this helps.

Regards

Joydeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines