3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2015 8:07 AM by johne28413841

Late 2015 iMac Performance Issues

johne28413841

Hello everyone...

We just purchased 2 new Late 2015 iMac 5k 27" 4ghz i7 processors, 32GB ram, 4GB graphics card. Running Mac OS X 10.11.1 (El Capitan)

We are experiencing MAJOR performance issues with After Effects CC 2014 (13.2). 

When working in AE the interface is extremely sluggish. Scrubbing through the timeline, clicking in different windows, selecting  anything takes a second or two to register. This makes working in AE impossible. We also use command line rendering in our network environment. iMacs that are 3 years old are currently rendering frames of a project at 1:30 a frame. On the new iMac it takes 8:30 a frame!

I have a feeling this has something to do with El Capitan, and not the hardware of the machines. Has anyone else experienced this issue? These new iMacs are not able to be downgraded to Yosemite, which all our other machines are currently running.

Todd K... please give me good news that a fix is on the way for CC14!!  We have tested out CC15 and have similar issues with sluggish interface. We don't intend to switch to CC15 anytime soon because of the revamped preview and the known issues with that.

Looking for any advice here.

thanks,

john

• 1. Re: Late 2015 iMac Performance Issues
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's really annoying!

I'm not Todd, but I do know that a major bug fix update is coming for CC 2015 in less than two weeks (they said "the end of the month"). This update may fix enough bugs to make CC 2015 usable for you.

Until you hear from Todd or someone else who can help (or the update comes out), have a poke around these forums. There have a been a few threads about El Capitan and some of them might help.

• 2. Re: Late 2015 iMac Performance Issues
            robertr9224352

May I have your old one for the ministry I oversee?

• 3. Re: Late 2015 iMac Performance Issues
              johne28413841 Level 1

Just installed the latest updated for CC 2015. Absolutely ZERO performance increase. I can now get a longer ram preview, but it still refuses to play back at realtime. Interface still feels sluggish to me as well. I can't scrub through a simple comp based of illustrator layers with only very simple position and rotation keyframes. It will only show wireframes, even with adaptive resolution turned off (or on, for that matter).

These new machines continue to be unusable with Adobe software.