5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 6:21 AM by A.T. Romano

Why do I have to be signed in to use Premiere Elements?

robinj87176684

I recently bought Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements from the Adobe web site, entered the serial numbers and registered them.

As these are 'owned' software (not 'rented' like the CC applications), I thought you could use them without having to be signed into your Adobe account.

Photoshop Elements allws me to use it while not signed in, but Premiere Elements insists that I sign in to my Adobe account every time I want to use it.

Is it correct that I have to be signed in to use Premiere Elements, or is it a bug?

If it is correct, why?

Can anyone help, please?

• 1. Re: Why do I have to be signed in to use Premiere Elements?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

robinj

What computer operating system is involved? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit for purposes of any detailed specific information.

If you are using Internet connection, once the program has been installed and you have signed in with your purchased serial number, you should not have to sign in again. There are first use first time only features that do need activation after the program is installed, but that should go on seamlessly if you are working with active Internet connection.

What is the exact wording of the message that you are getting and when does it happen...

1. Welcome Screen

2. Welcome Screen Video Editor

3. Afterward when you are in the Expert workspace and beginning a new project?

In the message that you are getting, does it give options License this Product or Continue Tryout?

Please consider and then we can decide what next. This is not Adobe. Rather essentially user to user forum. If you are considering a return/full refund, please factor in the from 14 days of purchase of the Adobe return/full refund policy.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why do I have to be signed in to use Premiere Elements?
            robinj87176684 Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the latest version of Macintosh OSX, 10.11.1 El Capitan.

Of course I have just opened Premiere Elements and it is working OK this time. But it seems it thought it was a demo before - I had to enter the serial number a couple of times in successive sessions and when I signed out, when I next started Premiere Elements a dialogue came up saying that I had to be signed in to my Adobe account.

I will keep an eye on it and post again if it happens another time.

I do realise that this forum isn't Adobe, but it's the only option for technical support for Elements that the Adobe web site points you to.

Thanks again for your response.

RJ

• 3. Re: Why do I have to be signed in to use Premiere Elements?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

RJ

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to learn that the appearance of Sign In messages has stopped as of now.

This type of situation has been known to come and go after a new install of these programs.

Please excuse the next question. I ask this just in case...

Is there anyway that you were signing out with each closure of the program via Help Menu/Sign Out? That action deactivates the program which would require you to Sign In again each time you did that.

Best wishes moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions about your Premiere Elements workflows. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance user to user.

ATR

• 4. Re: Why do I have to be signed in to use Premiere Elements?
                robinj87176684 Level 1

Ah, now I see - this is exactly what has happened. I saw that I was 'signed in' in the Help menu and thought that was just for product registration. (I hadn't noticed this in Photoshop Elements, so had obviously continued being 'signed in')

It comes back to my original question that surely, because I 'own' Elements, I should be able to use it without being 'signed in'? I have registered the software with the serial number, so why so I have to be 'signed in' for it to be active?

I have installed Elements on my Mac laptop, so does this mean I cannot use the software if I am in a place with no internet connection?

• 5. Re: Why do I have to be signed in to use Premiere Elements?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

robinj

Thanks for the follow up.

You remain signed into the Premiere Elements from project to project, restart of computer, as long as you do not click Help Menu/Sign Out.

The Help Menu/Sign Out is the way to deactivate the program. Deactivate is not the same as Uninstall. So every time you click on Help Menu/Sign Out, you will have to Activate the program as requested if you want to use the program again.

Once the program is activated, you are not wanting to use services that require Internet connection, and there are no more first time one time features that need to be activated, your computer with Premiere Elements should not have to be connected to the Internet.

Please consider and let me know if you are OK with the above details.

Thank you.

ATR