Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typewriter Text Animation not always working - Captivate 9

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For some reason, the typewriter text animation does not always work.

I have tried refreshing Preferences and deleting cache (I actually just moved it to the Desktop because I was worried it would delete files), but there has been no change. I have about 9 slides that have this effect. Every single time I test it, the animation stops in one of the slides.

Any other solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing all of these animations and re-inserting new ones, one slide at a time.  DO NOT COPY and PASTE the objects from slide to slide.

As you insert them and set them up, publish each time and test that the animation is working as expected,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod!

These are not regular slides, but States on Captivate 9. Text animation also does not allow me to copy and paste the text - I need to retype them on every slide. That's also the weird thing - every time I publish each state works, but all together always one random text animation won't.

I will do this and see how it works! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

I tried rebuilding the states, unfortunately it still does the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you share a screen grab of the timeline where the Text Animation isn't working?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen grab.png

Hi Rick, there you go! They are states on Captivate 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Now I think I understand. You're creating Object States of Text Animations.

I don't actually think this is a use case that the Captivate development team foresaw.  I DO NOT think this is ever going to work for you because Text Animations are actually widgets, and by creating Object States you basically have separate widgets on each state.

My gut feeling is that what you're trying to do here is not supported by Captivate and is currently fouling up the slide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I attached one above. It is for Object States.

Do you think there's a way to circumvent? Please advise. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you creating for SWF or for HTML output? Is it a blank or a responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lily!

SWF, blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lily,

Did you have any input? It is for Object States.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to share the sample project with that particular slide so that we can investigate on our end? You can upload it to a shared location (say Dropbox) and send the link to murugath@adobe.com

Thanks,

Rahinie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent! Thanks!

Please advise, would really like it ironed out if it's possible. I have tried everything (using slides instead of states - too slow, makes the file unnecessarily larger, using text effects - none have the same effect as a typewriter). Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to look at it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say this, but I honestly DO NOT think using states in this case is going to be successful.  The text animation object is actually a widget that animates the text.  By using states, you are actually duplicating that widget in each state.  I don't think this was something the Captivate developers would have been expecting as a use case.  I may be wrong about this, but it doesn't feel right for use with states.  It would be like inserting a Learning Interaction on a slide (which is also a widget) and then adding states to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elcee,

Text animation stops when the movie pauses. In your project, I could see a pause for clickbox and smartshape.

Please try the scenario with pause unchecked.

Thanks,

Rahinie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, it's a simple reason, of course.

Looking good so far. I'll let you know if I get a different result after more testing.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, was very busy last days, must have missed your question. Up till now I never used a Text animation (pretty old feature, SWF only) in a state. Since Rahinie popped in, from the staff, maybe you'll get an answer. If I find some time will explore use of Text animation in a state, didn't have positive results with using some type of Effects in states, which means Rod is probably right. But I'm waiting Rahinie's answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources