What is the EXACT error message and what operating system and version do you have installed.
I have 2014 and its on 2015 and I have no idea how to update it because it says there's no update and I just bought it! I'm having an absolute mayre!
What operating system are you running?
Open the CC Desktop App, then use the Gear icon to log out and then close and restart the app. It should ask you to log in again, then update, and at that point it should show you the downloads for CC 2015.
I'm on a mac
Just did the restart and sign in, It doesnt say theres an update
Are you connected to the internet? Did the app update (it should do that automatically)?
CC 2015 is not an update, it is a new version.
I'm a little perplexed, though, because a fully patched CC 2014 with internet access should use the on-the-fly converter to open a CC 2015 file.
What is the version of your Mac OS? What is the EXACT error message when you try to open the file?
When you open InDesign and go to the InDesign Menu, hold down the CMD key and choose About InDesign... Waht is the full version number displayed in the upper left of the expanded About dialog?
- Did you Launch InDesign CC 2014 or 2015?
- Can you Launch CC 2015 and try File > Open, to navigate to your file. Instead of a Double Click?
- You can check the version of InDesign you are running by going to the InDesign CC menu (next to the Apple menu) and choosing About InDesign.
It could be a corrupt or damaged file. Can you contact the author of the document to see if they can re-send it to you?
Have you tried clicking the Convert button?
And you haven't answered the questions about the version of InDesign and your OS....
I have no idea how you tell either :/ I downloaded In Design half an hour ago for the first time.. Where should I look?
- Can you click Latest Versions? To see if InDesign CC 2015 is there?
- Also, I would recommend making a copy of the file and changing the filename before you open it. The / character can cause all kinds of weird issues.
- Change the name to:
- or something with web-compliant and safe Unix characters (The Mac OS uses a Unix core)
There is no "newer" version of InDesign than 2015 (unless the person sending you this file is in the Adobe Prerelease program).
- Can you contact them for another version of the file?
- Ask them to do File > Package in InDesign, that includes an .idml file which lets you open CC 2015 files in CC 2014.
The Warning means you must be running an old version of the Mac Operating system.
InDesign requires OS 10.9 or newer. You can find your version under the Apple Menu and choose About This Mac.
- Ask the person who sent you this file to send you a new one.
- Have them choose File > Package in InDesign, that includes an .idml file which lets you open CC 2015 files in CC 2014.
It means that you cannot install CC 2015 on that operating system. It requires at least OS X 10.9, which means your OS is pretty old...
At the moment your only option is the convert button.