1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 2:54 AM by David_Powers

My properties toolbar is greyed out and I'm unable to access the source feature to link the first image

benjaminkai

My properties toolbar is greyed out and I'm unable to access the source feature to link the first image in my carousel. Please help!

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.38.15 PM.png

• 1. Re: My properties toolbar is greyed out and I'm unable to access the source feature to link the first image
          David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Live View is powered in part by JavaScript, as is the carousel. To be able to edit a carousel, you need to turn off Live View Displays (the blue outlines and tabs). You can do that by opening the Live View Options menu at the top-right of the Document window and selecting Hide Live View Displays.

live_view_options.jpg

The keyboard shortcut to toggle Live View Displays on and off is Ctrl+Alt+H on Windows and Ctrl+Cmd+H on a Mac.

With Live View Displays hidden, you can select the image in the carousel. The carousel will continue to rotate. To halt it, select the Freeze JavaScript option from the Live View Displays menu (or press F6). To unfreeze JavaScript, select the option again.

When you have finished editing your carousel, turn Live View Displays back on again. Each of the options in the Live View Options menu toggles the setting on and off.