• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"TDR detected" illustrator fails

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just starting today as brand new headache. it says "TDR detected" than closing.

My graphic card driver is updated and its Nvidia GTX 760,

I have 4K Philips monitor and using 3840 x 2160 res. Is it a problem for illustrator???

how can i solve this issue? any help

screen.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Here is a link to the 361.91 drivers for Windows 10 64-bit:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98556/en-us

Here is a direct link to the 361.91 drivers for Windows 10 32-bit:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98555/en-us

These drivers should resolve NVIDIA bug 1726408 with Illustrator CC 2015 on updated Windows 10 PCs.

While the specific issues were predominantly with GeForce 6xx and 7xx GPUs, all Windows 10 systems with NVIDIA GPUs are recommended to upgraded to t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ozcanosx,

This Adobe help page should help you through:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/errors-exit-code-6-exit.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried repairing Microsoft C++ redistributable packages and that did not work as when I right click on each one I only get the "Uninstall" option (not the "Repair/Change" option as indicated in the instructions on Errors "Exit Code 6" and "Exit Code 7" installing Adobe Creative Cloud, CS6, and CS5.5). Scratch that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thousand and one thank yous, Jacob and Mark. Pulling my hair out about to yank my dual GTX780s and light them on fire. Yelling at the screen didn't seem to do anything, but this fix seems to have solved the Illustrator issue, and the 361.91 driver update seems to have stabilized everything else (namely AE and PS crashing constantly). Illustrator crashing is frustrating, but After Effects crashing is simply demonic. Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you guys!

sagan-awesome.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same a few times before. Same gpu (760gtx), havin this since the last driver update / illu reinstall. Using windows 10 btw... turning off gpu acceleration will not solve the problem. I'll try that link that Jacob posted next monday.

EDIT:

1. Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package

and / or

3. Repair the Microsoft Windows Installer (Windows)

seems to have solved this problem thanks Jacob Bugge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, jaksajani.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "repair the microsoft Windows Installer"... reinstall the operating system???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these 2 steps from the link Jacob posted:

-> Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package / Windows only:

1. Open Control Panel> Programs and Features.

2. Check for Redistributable packages installed.

3. Right click on each version (one by one)> Change and click on Repair on the next window.

4. Restart the machine in normal mode, once restarted try to install the product again.

-> Repair the Microsoft Windows Installer / Windows 10, 8 and 7:

Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.

Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator.

In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /SCANNOW and press Enter.

When the system scan completes, type msiexec /unreg in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.

Type msiexec /regserver in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ozcanosx,

It is specified in the link, I gave in the first post:

Errors "Exit Code: 6," "Exit Code: 7" | CC, CS6, CS5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled all windows today. It was look ok at first time.

then i saw bellowed message. What's going wrong with illustrator....

screen.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like you i only got these error messages since i updated to this new Nvidia driver... something's not right between the new driver and illustrator i'd say...

Try to install the previous one , just for a day or at least for a few hours to see if that works for you. In case it does i suggest wait for the next driver and skip the current one (359.00), the previous one should be 358.91 according to the nvidia download site:

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL359.00November 19, 2015
GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL358.91November 9, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My driver version is 355.98

now downloading 358.91

let me try with it, then i will reply again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way earlier today the original error message came back, even after i tried to reinstall illustrator from scratch. Anyway after a 3dguru vga driver uninstaller, i downloaded and installed the 358,91 nvidia driver, now the tedious TDR error message seems to have gone (again, but who knows for how long).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling hardware acceleration in chrome solved it for me. You could try using illustrator with your chrome closed and see if it works.

The solution was posted here:
Nvidia 740m TDR detected : nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome solution doesnt work for me.

I uninstalled latest driver and tried many old drivers. Now using 353.30. It works much better. I used for three days with heavy files, still not seem any error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same video card, the same error. I disabled GPU inside illustrator and it doesn't crash no more (surely that's not a long term solution)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new driver, came out earlier today. Version: 359.06.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator crashes like always in the same document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problems. It all started with 359.00 Nvidia update. 359.06 didn't solve the problem. It is really annoying. I've tried to repair all Redistributable Packages... no luck. Now I've temporarily switched to Intel graphics for Illustrator. Photoshop is working fine with Nvidia.

Windows 10

GTX 770M

Latest version of Illustrator through Creative Cloud subscription

Hope we'll get a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia 353.30 works normal. No crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for information.

I'll try with 358.91 tomorrow and report back. This is the last version without TDR errors. I hope it'll fix the problem temporary before someone (Adobe, Nvidia or Microsoft) fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Windows 10 and a 780GTX driver 359.06.

It was crashing as soon as I was using the paint brush tool, even on a basic document with a couple of shapes. As a temporary workaround, I left the GPU Performance option enabled but disabled the Enhance Thin Lines option. I did not crash so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Same here! Enhanced Thin Line off WORKS so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've downgraded to 358.91 drivers and everything is working fine. No TDR errors. So the problem started from upgrading 358.91 to 359. Hope that this will help to someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA driver engineer here... Thanks for this bug report.

We have confirmed the bug.  We believe the bug is isolated to Windows 10.  The problem occurs when video memory is used at near capacity.  To minimize exposure to the bug, reduce the video memory consumption overall.  As noticed here, disabling "Enhance Thin Lines" can reduce the video memory consumption.  Reducing the rendering window resolution of Illustrator will also help.  If you are working in the CMYK color mode but use of the RGB color mode is acceptable, converting to RGB (File->Document Color Model->RGB Color) can almost halve Illustrator's video memory consumption compared to CMYK documents.   Competing video memory usage by other applications will also help.  Graphics cards with less video memory will run into near-capacity issues sooner.

NVIDIA is working to resolve the issue (NVIDIA bug # 1711214) and fix it in a future driver update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines