3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 6:08 AM by LARV

How do I move an image and it´s path once pasted?

LARV Level 1

I created a follow path on an image I want to move. But once the path is pasted in the image direction I can´t select the image and path as a single object to move, only the image. How do I do this? The image and path jumps to another place on the screen once pasted so I have to move it back to it´s original position...which I´m not able to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How do I move an image and it´s path once pasted?
          LARV Level 1

Alright, I had to mark "position" in the timeline to select all vertexes!

• 2. Re: How do I move an image and it´s path once pasted?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First, for a motion path, which is what I think you are talking about to match a copied mask path or shape path the layer that you use to draw the path must not be scaled, rotated or moved from the default position. Path layers that are copied and pasted to motion paths always paste in the X Y plane starting at the first vertex. If the path is closed the motion will always be in the counter clockwise direction. If you need to reverse direction select all keyframes and then use the Keyframe Assistant to Time Reverse selected keyframes.

If you need to move any motion path the easiest thing to do is to add a null, parent the layer to the null, then move the null. When you get the path where you want it to be you can remove the parenting or delete the null. If you need to scale the null to make the motion path bigger or smaller you can scale the null but then you will need to reset the scale the layer after you remove the parenting or delete the null.

Maybe this will help:

• 3. Re: How do I move an image and it´s path once pasted?
              LARV Level 1

Thank you! I didn´t understand half of that, I´m very new to this, but I was able to move the motion path by selecting all the vertexes. I seemed to work anyway, I could move it back to it´s original position.