2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 10:35 AM by cassies14273850

Duplicating, then changing a <div>

cassies14273850

After duplicating a <div>, is it possible to modify it so it's different than the <div> you copied from? I'm very new to Edge Animate and feel that this is probably an easy task. Starting with <div> 1, I make a copy to make a second <div>, and then change the text. When I change the text on <div> 2, it changes the text on <div> 1 too. What's the solution for this?

• 1. Re: Duplicating, then changing a <div>
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are you doing exactly? There are many ways to setup things and it depends what you are doing.

1. you can add stuff in the UI and duplicate then change the text in the UI
          2. you can add stuff in the UI and duplicate then change the text in code - make an array of your text and then use the array to fill the text dynamically. Use a for loop or $(each) if using jquery with sym.$('elemetName').html(myText[i]);
          3. you can create one symbol with text and then duplicate it in the UI and then add the text dynamically as in #3
          4. you can create one symbol, delete it from the UI and create all your symbols dynamically and add text as in #3
          • 2. Re: Duplicating, then changing a <div>
            cassies14273850 Level 1

Thanks for the many options - I tried #1 and it's working now; my animation looks awesome!