2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2006 7:48 AM by chrisbhansen

Read all AS from a frame?

chrisbhansen
      Hey All,

Just wondering if it is possible to gather all the Actionscript from a specific frame via Actionscript calls... - I can clean up the data later - just not sure if there is a way to suck it all out... Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Hansen
        • 1. Re: Read all AS from a frame?
          Level 7
          All the objects?
          for ( var k in _root ) {
          trace(k + ": " + _root[k]);
          }

"chrisbhansen" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ejl5h1$192$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hey All,
          >
          > Just wondering if it is possible to gather all the Actionscript from a
          > specific frame via Actionscript calls... - I can clean up the data later -
          > just
          > not sure if there is a way to suck it all out... Anyone have any ideas?
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          >
          > Chris Hansen
          >

• 2. Re: Read all AS from a frame?
            chrisbhansen Level 1
            Hi Jose,

Thanks for the reply. - I see that that code returns a listing of objects at the root level for a Flash file - but I was wondering if by using this *type* of call or something similar - that I could return the code inside the first frame of an object.

I'll explain a little further:

We have clients that use our templates to create interactive Flash pieces. - When they use our components, etc. - it writes a whole bunch of data to a separate scene and in to the first frame of that scene. - I'm just wondering how I could pull all that data out of that frame with a command - because I know the format it is written in - so therefore could parse it and then manipulate that data.

I appreciate the reply and will keep looking myself...

- C