1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 10:01 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign "File --> Open Recent" isn't there?

kevinc94605330 Level 1

I've been working with CS6 and InDesign CC for a while at companies and I recently got CC for myself. Now I've installed InDesign and where there always was a "File --> Open Recent" function it simply isn't there.

I already checked if the amount of "Recent Files to show" was set to zero by going to "InDesign>Preferences>File Handling". It was set to zero so I changed it to 10. No luck and it still isn't there.

Can anyone help me with this? I really need this option back in my menu.

It might be a small thing, but it's something I use around 20 times a day so quite essential to me.

Thanks!

- Kevin

• 1. Re: InDesign "File --> Open Recent" isn't there?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Presumably you've already saved some files so the list would get populated, so unless you see some command to Show All Menu Items at the bottom of the menu it's most likely a problem with the workspace (check another workspace) or some other piece of software interfering with writing the list. The list is part of the InDesign SavedData file in your prefs, and dleting that file or resetting the prefs will reset the list, but that may not solve the problem in this case. See Replace Your Preferences