• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash video played yesterday but wouldn't play now

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been watching the video from website many days now. It is day online tutorial video. All of a sudden this has stopped working. Some videos from same website still work and many would not. I have tried accessing the videos that do not work in may machine from other machines. All videos play good in other machines. This rules out some problem within website.

I am confused why the video that was playing in past is not working now. Details below.

I have checked all the settings for Adobe Flash Player. It is enabled.

Manage Add-ons >Look for shock wave flash object. This is set enabled.

Safety > Active X Filtering is unchecked as well.

Browser : IE 11

Flash version : 19.0.0.245

System

Processor: Intel R Core i5 4210U CPU @ 1.72GHz 2.40 GHz.

Installed Memory Ram: 8.00GB. 7.88 GB Usable.

System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor.

pen or touch: no pen or touch input is available.

Regards,

Lokesh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Please share some video URL which doesn't play with all steps to reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is in mapr.com. It is learning platform for Big Data and needs sign on. I do not how I can share the URL to video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the videos that are publicly accessible on their site are embedded youtube videos.  If you right-click on the video, does it say About Flash Player, or do you get the standard HTML context menu?

If it's Flash, I'd recommend working through the video troubleshooting guide, here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you're still stuck, please follow the directions in the guide on providing the dxdiag report and additional information about what you tested and saw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, this might be useful.

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 introduces a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines