26 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2015 5:43 AM by olollaf

How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title

olollaf

Hi all,

I know how to create (police colour and size) and dispose a sub title or a text on my video.

But I don"t know how to duplicate all that gabarit to work fast.

When I copy and paste it is just a clone.

I would like to copy the text and just change it regardless.

Because I don't want to have to choose police, size, colour and placement each time.

Thanks so much if you have a response

Olivier

• 1. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
          olollaf Level 1

Salut tout le monde,

Je sais comment créer (couleur et la taille de police) et de disposer d'un sous titre un texte sur ma vidéo.

Mais je ne sais pas comment dupliquer un gabarit pour éviter de refaire le travail à chaque sous titre afin de travailler vite.

Lorsque je fais un copié et collé, il crée un clone.

Je voudrais pouvoir copier le sous titre et le changer uniquement sur le nouveau.

Parce que je ne veux pas avoir à choisir la police, la taille, la couleur et le placement à chaque fois.

Merci beaucoup si vous avez une réponse

Olivier

• 2. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You need to Duplicate rather than Copy a title. When you Copy a title, you produce a clone of your original title, and any changes you make to one title will be made to the clone also.

When you right-click on a title in your Project Media panel and select Duplicate, you duplicate your title -- and this creates a separate title that you can customize independently.

• 3. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
              olollaf Level 1

Thanks steve for your rapid answer. this is right what I wanted.

I finally found that way yersterday, but we had some bugs and sometimes it made clones.

But I think you are right this is the way to do it.

I found an another way, I copied the text with gabarit on text edition.

After I created a new text standart deleted the texte Inside and made a paste from the preview text.

It works too but In fact now I would like to create a model on "title and texte" but I didn't find the way to do it.

Can you help me?

Thanks again Steve.

• 4. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                olollaf Level 1

I have a big problem to open a 13 and 14 version in my 12 premiere elements version:

"Le projet semble endommagé. Ouverture impossible" "The project appears to be damaged. Unable to open"

Is version 12 uncompatible with 13 and 14 versions?

thanks

Olivier

• 5. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As far as I know, there is no way to create a custom Text Style in Premiere Elements 13.

• 6. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Olivier

Is your goal to create a Title Template (text + image) and then have it appear under the Titles & Text Tab of your Premiere Elements 13? I am assuming that you are not trying to create a new text Style in the project's Titler/Styles section.

What is your computer operating system?

What version of Premiere Elements are you using?

Where are you creating this file with the text + graphic, and does the file have a prtl file extension? Also, what is the file extension

of the graphic that went into the text title creation?

Once I have those details confirmed, I will offer how to depending on the details involved.

It should be a simple can do. But, let us see.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                      olollaf Level 1

Thanks ATR,

my purpose is to do only sub title for documentary, and i want to make a Template with only text.to create my sub titles.

I have a Premiere elements 12 on 7pro 64bits.

I work with an other person whitch is on 13 Windows 8

I just want to create a sub title text on 12 and 13.

A third person help us on an other film on PE 14 trial version on W8.

we found a technique to create our text and at first i was wondering if we can save a model.

We have a big problem to read 14 on 13 and 12 and 13 on 12.

is there no compatibilities or just because 14 is a trial version?

Thanks for all

Olivier

• 8. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                        olollaf Level 1

Thanks Steve.

do you if there is compatibilities to read a project made on 14 on 13 or 12

and a 13 on 12?

the project are invalid on 12 and i want to finalize blueray on this computer.

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

• 9. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Olivier

Thank you for the reply.

Apparently you do not need what I thought.

There is no backward compatibility between 14 to 13 or 13 to 12 or 12 to 11 and so on.

There is an opportunity to open a project file from an older version in a newer version of the program. But, even there, there is no guarantee. Consequently, when do the latter, it is best to work with a copy of the original project file created in the older program. Better yet to finish project created in one version in that same version.

Important...always make sure the project file is connected to the source media that was imported into it. See File Menu/Project Assets and its Copy Project option as an aid to doing that under certain circumstances.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/archiving-projects.html

Also see...ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Archiving Projects With Disc Menus

Any unanswered questions about the above, please let us know, and we will supply supplemental information as indicated.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                            olollaf Level 1

Thanks ATR,

all is clear they just want us to buy the new version each year

Apparently we cannot make a good export on a trial without the text "trial version on"

I have to redo or buy 14 to save the work on the trial version.

Thanks for your competence anyway

Olivier

• 11. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                              olollaf Level 1

Hi ATR and Steve,

I decided at last to buy PE 14 on my computer equiped with PE 12 and a Blueray burner.

I have a question for the finalisation, the projects are worked at NTSC 29.97i but they have to be on PAL 25i/s.

I wanted to change it on the project setting/ general, but it is on 29.97i/s and it is grey tint and i cannot change it.

I suppose they had to do it at begining at the initial new project.

Do you know a way to change it?

The video are in 25i/s.

I think I could make a new project at PAL HD 192/1080 at 25i/s put thevideo and insert all the subtitles with a copy and paste in the clean project.

I'm not sure it is working!

Thanks a lot.

• 12. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

olollaf

Edit Menu/Projects/General is a good place to see what project settings have been set by the project automatically or by you manually (File Menu/New/Project). But, you cannot make significant changes in the project settings there. If you find that your project settings are not right, then you need to start a new project.

With just Premiere Elements alone, you cannot copy and paste between Premiere Elements project files. If you use a Windows computer, you can with ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements (this does work also with Premiere Elements 14 and even includes transitions  in the copy/paste insert). See the following for details

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

and also item 022 in ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 Daily Discoveries

If you need to start a new project and want to assure the project settings using the manual way, please use the scheme

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                                • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
                                • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
                                • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice.

If you are starting with 1920 x 1080i25 footage, then your project preset should be

PAL

AVCHD

Full HD 1080i25

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information. Please ask if you need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                  olollaf Level 1

Hi ATR,

thanks for this precious and precise response.

I am going to buy PE 14 and try ClipMate to make a clean project.

Maybe if it doesn't work as Hoped I will make the video from the NTSC project to a blueray PAL 25.

we are on screen wenesday morning.

This help me to know what i can do or not.

I'll tell you how things are going on.

All the best.

Olivier

• 14. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                    olollaf Level 1

Hi ATR,

I try to copy on ClipMate but i have this message:

The windows Clipboard has data witch clip mat did not capture.

The clipboard data may be invalid, or it may have been filtered by Application Profile.

See the setting for (ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS)

if you have a solution!

Thanks anyway.

All the best

Olivier

• 15. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Olivier

Thanks for the reply. We are glad that the suggestion of ClipMatePremiere Elements copy/paste insert was of interest to you and hope it helps you with your project's workflows.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 16. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                        olollaf Level 1

That's crazy it is impossible to buy the product online, no code security on payment page so error payment each time!!!

I'm loading the trial 14 but i am not sure ClipMate work on trial I test it with trial version and it didn't worked.

• 17. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Olivier

Thanks for the follow up.

I would make sure that the tryout works for you before thinking purchase....both cases, Clip Mate and Premiere Elements 14.

I have looked at only the tryout of ClipMate. And, I have looked at it with the tryout of Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit.  And, it worked well, as described.

Assuming that you have ClipMate (v7.5) tryout for now and Premiere Elements 14 tryout, you should be able to do the copy/paste insert between two different Premiere Elements 14 tryout projects (assuring that each of the 2 options pointed to in Capture Special have check mark), You cannot copy/paste insert between 14 for the copy and 13 as the paste insert.

Where is the copy/paste insert failing? How far to completion do you get when the plan fails?

ATR

• 18. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                            olollaf Level 1

ATR,

I am on my big computer (Mixer and composer) witch has the Blueray burner.

I installed PE 14 and ClipMate 7.5

It is dufficult to understand exactly the process.

Capture special doesn't keep my selection

- Data object

- PPro/MZ/coolie

-PProAe/Exchange/trackitem

- Ole private Data

• 19. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                              olollaf Level 1

is it possible to import a PE in Premiere Pro?

thanks

Olivier

• 20. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                                olollaf Level 1

Hi ATR

No way i cannot copy on ClipMate.

the same message error on clipMate it doesn't work

The windows Clipboard has data witch clip mat did not capture.

The clipboard data may be invalid, or it may have been filtered by Application Profile.

See the setting for (ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS)

So i cannot go further.

I think i have no solution, i spoke to a friend witch work on Premiere Pro and it is not possible to import a PE project.

Thanks anyway.

Olivier

• 21. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Oliver

After you do the copy in the first project, you go to ClipMate Edit Menu/Capture Special and put a check mark after only

PPro/MX/cookie

and

PProAE/Exchange/TrackItem

There needs to be a check mark next to both of these.

What is a brief description of what you have copied from the first Premiere Elements 14 project before the next step of ClipMate Edit Menu/Capture Special?

As for opening a Premiere Elements project in Premiere Pro...what version Premiere Pro...maybe for Windows only...for Premiere Pro CC Windows

please see the Adobe document Premiere Pro and "Supported Video Project File Formats"

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Supported file formats

ATR

• 22. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                                    olollaf Level 1

Hi ATR,

incrideble!!

the fact to mark only What you told me (cookie and Trackitem) copy despite the fact i had the same error message at first.

I mark the both and there was a copy and something different appear and I paste and it works.

Thanks a lot.

The problem is that now the text is no calibrate in the HD format (from 720 x 576 to 1920 x 1080)

The sub title was on 21 at the bottom of screen and now it appears small all the midle!

So we have to recalibrate and put in the right place for 600 sub titles!!!

I have to find a method but i am in the right way!

All the best

Olivier

• 23. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Olivier

Thanks for the update with the great (very great) news that the copy/paste insert between Premiere Elements 14 projects worked for you. Well done.

Double clicking the text file on the Timeline of the second project should reopen the Titler text for adjustments since you were going between two different projects with two different project settings. I had not gone into details of that yet.

Thank you for following through on the suggestions. Appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR

• 24. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                                        olollaf Level 1

Yes ATR thank you for following this problem.

So I gave the last 100 sub titles to the same person to finish. 

For it I created a new project for her with calibrated sub titles.

So I reimport it with the same method with ClipMate.

I must say that it was no so easy, and worked after many trials.

In fact after copying I mark the 2 items Cookies and trackitem,

it create the copy.

But after loading the destination project the ClipMate notice: empty

I realise that I had to reselect the copy on ClipMate manualy because it didn't stay on the copy selection.

After it I could do my paste.

In fact the first time it worked after many tentatives and you don't realise what you have excactly done to make it working.

The really important thing it to mark on capture special and after to reselect your capture before pasting.

I don't know where click resolution problem for your help it doesn't appear.

Thanks a lot.

All the best.

Olivier

PS the big problem with Adobe now is to buy online, I called the phone and they clearly said that they don't sell Elements anymore, and I have to find a resaler.

This is not specify on the purchase page. you have only an error message.

I bought it with with my dealer and it was painfull for him to find how to do with his grocery.

Adobe is loosing customers. I put 0/10 on the sondage online!

• 25. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Olivier

Thank you for the update on your progress. Sounding good, except for.....

Who told you that it did not sell Elements anymore = Adobe or someone else? Adobe sells only the online download. You have to go to an authorized reseller if you want to purchase the boxed version which comes with installation discs. Where you asking about the boxed packaged version? The only other thing that I can think of is that Adobe does not do online sales to certain parts of the world. It is my impression, if you get anything from Adobe direct, is it only the online download of only the current version which is now 14.

With ClipMate Premiere Elements there are some critical steps which you found. Good job.

Best wishes

ATR

• 26. Re: How to make a gabarit or to duplicate the police etc for sub title
                                                            olollaf Level 1

Hi ATR,

I just wanted to buy a download product witch was already install as a trial in my computer (PE14).

I didn't want a box product.

I installed the trial PE14 on sunday because it wasn't possible to pay on line.

So I worked with the trial version on sunday and call the assistance number on monday when the office was open.

This number is on the payment page for France you can see below that I cut and paste from the adobe payment page.

Assistance téléphonique

Pour effectuer votre achat par téléphone, composez le 0805 770077.

The man on phone told that they get rid of elements distibution because now they only give adobe products on location!

And we had to find a resaler, without giving any help for this.

I told him that "to get rid" is the word that I was feeling to be (in French "débarrasser").

I told him that if it was recorded I say to Mr Adobe that it is not a way to keep customers.

There was no warning on the site about this new commercial politic and I tried 4 or 5 times to pay before I droped.

So I have a resaler and asked him to do the job for me he did it but more expensive 96€ in place to 82.60€ for an upgrade (I have PE12).

The irony is that I recei ed today a mail from adobe for PE14 at 59.76€ VAT.

Anyway I did the job, not without difficulties, and you helped me so much, I thank you again.

I had some export problems on Blue-Ray.

Each time I wanted to export directly to Blue-Ray dick I had an error and the disc was damage, but they told me that they have made an iso to burn.

And with Nero I could burn the iso and it worked that way.

I tried to do directly an iso an other time, and i had a failure. The cursor was on middle quality (7Go 63 minutes),

so i tried on best quality (14Go for 63 minutes) and it worked and i could burn this iso with sucsess.

I had a blue screen on DVD export one time! and it worked an other time.

I did some DVD export on my Lap top without problems on PE 13 version. (I have no Blue-Ray burner on my Lap top).

I wanted to make sure to have a security on DVD because the documentaries was on screen at a festival on wenesday 25 november.

I am aware of the fact that PE is familial product and not Professional,

because I am a Professional in sound as a Mixer, sound designer and composer and i am used to work with OMF AAF from Avid composer or Final cut Pro.

But i am amateur on editing video, and we thought that the Producer will send us all the films with sub-titles,

but we had no time and we had to sub-title for 2 films and to make Blue-Ray and DVD for 7 at last.

That the story.

Thanks again for your help and your skill. this is because i wanted to tell you what appens after your help.

All the best

Olivier from Paris.