1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 5:10 AM by haxtbh

ColdFusion Administrator - Secure DNS

bloodbanker Level 1

We have a webserver connected to an old database.  The old database server is end of life.  When we set that up we did not need a secure connection.  Now we have a new database on a new database server.  Our IT department is requiring this to be a secure connection (even though it's an intranet).

Using ColdFusion Administrator I tried simply editing the URL of the server, but I get this error:

Connection verification failed for data source: xxxxxxxx

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The SQL Server login requires an SSL connection.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The SQL Server login requires an SSL connection.

That's when I heard from my IT people that it needs to be a secure connection.

I have no idea how to do that, and Google didn't offer me any help, probably because I don't know what to search for.

Could one of you wonderful people please offer a suggestion on how to create a secure connection from ColdFusion Administrator 10 to MS SQL 2008?

Thank you