7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 6:23 AM by A.T. Romano

Missing Audio Track

adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hello,

I am not sure what I did or how this happened but suddenly , in the middle of editing my project, my audio 2 track disappeared.  And doing an edit-undo was not bringing it back.Baically I can still see the video 2  in my timeline but with no corresponding audio 2.  And in the mixer, it now jumps form audio 1 to audio 3.  Any theories as to what happened and how I can get back my audio 2 track?

I am using Premiere Elements 10.  Thanks everyone.

• 1. Re: Missing Audio Track
          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

I have tried a few scenarios, and, so far, none explain the situation that you describe. Could you add more background....

a. Middle of editing a video...what have you been doing in the ways of edits (video and audio)?

b. Have you been re-naming any Timeline video or audio tracks? For that matter, have you been renaming tracks in the Audio Mixer?

c. Are you in the habit of using enabling and disabling commands such as "Show audio tracks"? Do you frequently use "Delete Empty Tracks".

Have you tried flushing the preferences - deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file?

ATR

• 2. Re: Missing Audio Track
            adobenewbie123 Level 1

I have not renamed anything and have not been enabling or disabling commands. Don't even know how to do that.  This is s mystery:(

• 3. Re: Missing Audio Track
              A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

There is no physical sign of an Audio Track 2 in the Timeline of your Premiere Elements 10 or in the Audio Mixer?

Did deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs or the whole 10.0 Folder in which it exists have any impact on the matter.

If worse comes to worse, you could go for the uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts), and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

I will keep trying different things to try to lose my audio track 2 in Premiere Elements 10 Windows and the Audio Mixer.

ATR

• 4. Re: Missing Audio Track
                adobenewbie123 Level 1

as a next step,  I am going to try bringing up the same project on a different computer To see if the issue continues.   I will report my results. I did not try deleting preferences yet.  Any risk of additional Data loss from that step?

• 5. Re: Missing Audio Track
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Good idea checking a new project.

Deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file will take regular preferences and any user computer presets. So, if you have any of them, then save them and replace them after the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

If you think I will spot an answer by looking at a screenshot of what you are seeing, then please post the screenshot.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Missing Audio Track
                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

So I have the project saved on an external hard drive and when opening it up on a different computer,  with the same premiere elements installed,  the same thing happens.   It foes from audio 1 to audio 3.  However if I revert back to an earlier project, the rack appears again.   So I think the safest thing for me to do is to revert back to that earlier version and just re-do those edits between proojects. I also think this shows that I must have clicked on somethig accidentally during yesterday's session that removed  audio 2 which would explain why it came back  from an earlier saved project but stayed missing whn switching compputers.   Seems to be project specific.  Is  it possible to delete a track directly from the mixing window.   I think somethig happened around the time I was clicking boxes to mutetracks.  (I frequently use the mute checkbox)

• 7. Re: Missing Audio Track
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

You can get rid of Audio 2 in the Audio Mixer, one scenario....

Having content on Audio 1, and then using the track command "Delete Empty Tracks". That will get rid of Audio Track 2 in the Timeline, and Audio Track 2 will not appear in the Audio Mixer.

But the deal breaker in the explanation is that you are seeing Audio Track 1 and 3. If you had content on Audio 1 and 3, but no content on Audio 2, and hit Delete Empty Tracks, the Audio Track 3 content will end up on a track named Audio 2. And, in the Audio Mixer, there would be an Audio 2 and no Audio 3.

Glad this is looking like a project specific issue. Still thinking about this one.

ATR