12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 2:22 PM by Koscieliska

Can not burn DVD

Koscieliska Level 1

Have Adobe Premiere Elements 11 movie ready to be burned to the DVD disc. But it does not work. The computer shows 'Indexing' message, but id is actually not doing anything. How can I fix it please?

• 1. Re: Can not burn DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Koscieliska

What computer operating system?

What are the properties of the files that you have on the Timeline and where are the originals stored on the hard drive?

Where are the Scratch Disks pointed and how much free hard drive space at those Premiere Elements 11 locations?

Latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

ATR

• 2. Re: Can not burn DVD
            Koscieliska Level 1

Thanks for the response. The operating system is Windows 7. The files are AVCHD and are stored on the hard drive. There is about 300Gb space left on this computer. Yes I do have the latest version of QuickTime. I did not change anything for a long time and for years I did not have this problem. In addition to the fact that I am unable to budn DVD disc some video files are disappearing from the original storage place on the hard disc and are replaced by red offline files in my video film.

• 3. Re: Can not burn DVD
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Koscieliska

Thanks for the reply.

Right now it seems that you need to address

some video files are disappearing from the original storage place on the hard disc and are replaced by red offline files in my video film.

What is the description of this drive where these videos are stored?

When you import files into a Premiere Elements project, all you get are copies of the originals that remain on the computer hard drive save location. But those copies in the project need to trace back to those originals where they were when they were first imported into the project.

Please tell us of your computer hard drives setup, and then we can decide the best possible troubleshooting strategy. I am thinking that, depending on where those originals are now, move them to another location and determine if the problems (file losses and burn to disc indexing) problems continue.

If you have not already, please go through a check list for computer optimization.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can not burn DVD
                Koscieliska Level 1

Thanks for your help so far. My computer is going for a virus check up, which will take several days (such is life in Darwin, Australia). I will get back once the computer is fixed. Thanks.

A

• 5. Re: Can not burn DVD
                  Koscieliska Level 1

I have sent my computer or a thorough clean up rom viruses etc. This is the first step, which will take couple o days. Will report the results.

• 6. Re: Can not burn DVD
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Koscieliska

Thanks for the follow up.

We will be watching for further details as your schedule permits.

But, depending on the results after the computer maintenance, I have a troubleshooting suggestion...go to the computer's Manage/Drive Management, find the drive for the burner, and change its drive letter, maybe to something like W (a letter toward the lower end of the alphabet). And, then determine if that maneuver had any impact on the burn to disc situation.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: Can not burn DVD
                      Koscieliska Level 1

thank you for your suggestion. I will do so and will report after having my computer back around

Wednesday. Unfortunately this is Darwin in the Northern Territory of Australia so things are getting slowly.

• 8. Re: Can not burn DVD
                        Koscieliska Level 1

Apology to the Forum. My PC is still with a technician. I will report the outcome once it is known.

AW

• 9. Re: Can not burn DVD
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Koscieliska

Whenever your schedule permits for returning to the troubleshooting or posting your results is OK.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: Can not burn DVD
                            Koscieliska Level 1

The problem has been solved. It was a faulty video card.

• 11. Re: Can not burn DVD
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Koscieliska

Thanks for the update and great news of success in identifying the core of the issue. Great job.

Was the video card replaced or just updated or rolled back?

Whatever the case, great news that you can now move forward with your video editing projects.

Best wishes

ATR

• 12. Re: Can not burn DVD
                                Koscieliska Level 1

The video card was replaced. The old one had some kind of irreversible damage.

Regards and thanks for help.

AW