8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2015 7:58 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10

pauld40352923

I have installed APE 14 on both my Dell laptop & Dell desktop PC's, both as an upgrade from APE 12.

Recently I also updated both PC's operating systems to Windows 10 (from 8.1) and the 3 days ago a further Win 10 update was performed, since then, and so far just on the desktop I receive an error message every time I try to use APE 14 which requires me to re-install the program, a major pain!

Has anyone else come across the problem at all, and if so any ideas how to fix it?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

pauld

What is the error message that you are getting that requires you to re-install the program every time you open Premiere Elements 14?

Do you have  QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your computer?

Are you running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges?

Once we know the error message, we can be able to customize a reply.

Please look at

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 14

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Folder find and apply Run As Administrator to the specific file named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

Then double click that file to open Premiere Elements 14 to its workspaces. Do you still get the message?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say which operating system you upgraded from -- or if it was a 32-bit operating system that you upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit -- but a change in operating system is a fairly big deal. At the very least I'd try an uninstall and reinstall. That should fix it. Although there can be other other issues related to the operating system upgrade that may play into this mix, including the need to update your graphics drivers, the need to reinstall or upgrade Quicktime, a need to clean and defragment your drive, etc.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

pauld

You wrote

Recently I also updated both PC's operating systems to Windows 10 (from 8.1)

And, in my reply have noted that you have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10
                pauld40352923 Level 1

Both PC's are 64bit, and I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10

I have Quick time 7.7.8 on the PC.

After re-installing it this morning it seems to be working OK, even after a couple of computer restarts, if I get the message again tomorrow I will follow the above advice about running as administrator and take a screen shot of it too,

I'll let you know if it happens again, it has happened twice so far, yesterday and today

• 5. Re: Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

pauld

Thanks for the reply.

I have Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit that I upgraded from Windows 8.1 64 bit. I and others cannot install QuickTime 7.7.8 in that computer environment. Apple is known to have a problem with QuickTime 7.7.8 on Windows 10 64 bit, and the suggestion has been to install QuickTime 7.7.6 for the Premiere Elements requirement. Although 7.7.6 is not actually the latest version, it has been meeting the Premiere Elements requirement. Please check your QuickTime detail.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

If all is working, please leave as is for now.

But, you should be running Premiere Elements as administrator (from user accounts with administrative privileges). And, when necessary, in addition, with Run As Administrator applied to the desktop icon or the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file in Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/ directly.

Continued success.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10
                    pauld40352923 Level 1

Hi All

I switched on my PC this morning expecting to have to go through the re-install process once again, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened....which is good!

So I haven't had the opportunity to try your solutions, but thank you for the help in this matter, if there is a reoccurrence I will be back, but I am hoping it was just a temporary glitch.

Thank you again

• 7. Re: Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10
                      pauld40352923 Level 1

Hi All

I switched on my PC this morning expecting to have to go through the re-install process once again, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened....which is good!

So I haven't had the opportunity to try your solutions, but thank you for the help in this matter, if there is a reoccurrence I will be back, but I am hoping it was just a temporary glitch.

Thank you again

• 8. Re: Adobe Premier Eelements14 & Windows 10
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

pauld

Thanks for the reply.

Wonderful news that the problem seems to be gone.

I am keeping the positive thought "only temporary glitch". But, if any questions on this resurface, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will think about this some more.

Best wishes

ATR