10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 12:52 PM by new screen name 29847382

How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?

Mike Fernbank Level 1

I'm paying for a subscription to access the Adobe software, so I'm not amused to be bombarded by advertisements for their stock photo subsidiary every time I open InDesign or Illustrator. I don't see a "don't show again" button. Is there anyway to stop this repugnant, rude and totally unprofessional intrusion on my PAID subscription?

• 1. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Where are you getting advertisements? Can you take a screenshot? I have never gotten any advertisements in any of my Adobe apps. Perhaps you mean on the Welcome screen saying it is a new service?

• 2. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?
            tomhock Level 1

I searched for this topic on the forum, found nothing, and posted essentially the same complaint today.  Then I saw your post Mike. Obviously, I wholeheartedly agree.

Brad, in case you haven't figured it out, all those dozens of "tips" that pop up when you start an application and those "alerts" that come through your CC portal that describe or tout Adobe Stock are

A D V E R T I S E M E N T S

for a product Adobe is trying to sell you.  They are not helpful pointers about using the features of the products you already have; they are attempts to motivate you to buy something else.  I like Mike''s characterization -- a rude and totally unprofessional intrusion.  I could have accepted a couple of alerts about a new service, but I see this SPAM three or four times a day. HEY, ADOBE, I heard you the first ten times, and  I'm never going to buy Adobe Stock, SO STOP PUSHING IT AT ME.

• 3. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?

Those are little pop ups for new features. They only pop up once per application if you close them properly. Its not pushing anything. Stock is a new feature built into libraries. It's no different than the pop ups that happen for all new features.

• 4. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?
                tomhock Level 1

Stock is not a "feature" that is included in CC.  It is a library of images that are FOR SALE.  Consequently, any pop-up that promotes them via an app I've already paid for is an unsolicited advertisement.

Of course I see that the "pop ups" are going to stop probably since Adobe has now built a Stock portal directly into the apps.

• 5. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?

While Stock may not be included ... CC Libraries are. The main part of the use of Libraries is the integration with Stock.

• 6. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?
                    tomhock Level 1

Brad, I just saw a reply on another thread that suggests you know exactly what Stock is and how it's being promoted.  You like it?  Fine.  I'm tired of being a captive audience for an ADVERTISEMENT I've seen 100 times at least in the last couple of months.  It's a blatant come-on that I don't appreciate paying for.

• 7. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?

Can you post a screenshot of the advertisement you are getting? Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing. If it is the in app pop up that I think you are referring to it should only show up once if closed properly. It really doesn't matter how much I know about Stock and if I like it or not. My main interest in this thread is to determine which 'ads' you are referring to and try to advise on how to stop them.

• 8. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?
                        tomhock Level 1

Apparently, I can't post a screenshot.  I updated about five apps this morning, and now all have different start-up screens that have Stock built into them and are no longer showing a "tip."  For the last three months or so, these "tips" that appeared on the start-up screen of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and even Dreamweaver have almost all been about Adobe Stock -- promoting it.  As I said, Stock is not a "feature" of any of these programs.  It is a service which can be purchased. Well, I can purchase a car too, but I don't want to hear about it every time I open Photoshop.  Yes, I can just close the window.  I can just close pop-ads on Web sites too, but I'd rather not see them in the first place.  This was no different.

So maybe the "ads" are gone now that Adobe has built this promotion right into the apps.  I hope that while they were hard at work on that they first fixed all the bugs that these programs suffer from like the Dreamweaver focus problem.

Nevertheless, I keep finding threads complaining about this, so I'm not the only one it angered.

• 9. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?
                          ChuckBaggett Level 1

The Stock ads are an abominaton.

• 10. Re: How do I stop the Adobe advertisements?

How is this for a screenshot? I'm in the middle of work and this pops up?! NOT COOL FOR A PAID SUBSCRIPTION.

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 12.30.42.png