3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 6:20 AM by Bruce Bullis

Import image from HTTP

christiane82240841

Hi!

I'm creating a HTML extension that, among other things, grabs an image from a webserver and imports this image to the bin/timeline.

By using the sample Importer from CEP on github, I can import local images to the timeline. But I'm not quite sure what would be the best solution to import an image from and HTTP-address? As far as I can understand Premiere don't allow this natively. I'm thinking of two solutions here, and wonder if anyone have any advise or could help me in the right direction:

1. Create a solution that downloads the image from the webserver to a local disk, and then import this image to Premiere.

OR

2. Is it possible to convert the image from the weblocation to a base64, and then import this stream as an image to Premiere? I tried googling and searching the forums for this, but with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: Import image from HTTP
          Bruce Bullis Adobe Employee

Download the file first, then import. PPro needs footage to be from either:

+ a local path

+ mapped network drive (Windows)

+ mounted network volume (Mac)

+ UNC path

• 2. Re: Import image from HTTP
            christiane82240841 Level 1

Thank you bbb_999!

I have created a solution that downloads the image first, and it works very well.

I have another question not related to the first question:

Is it possible to save a frame of the current output of the active sequence? I have already tried the function exportCurrentFrameAsPNG in the sample project, but to me it looks like exportframepng is no longer a valid function in the DOM? Is this correct?

Is there any other way to get the output, ether as file or a byte array?

I want this export to happen without the users knowledge, as this image will be a preview on an external HTMLserver.

• 3. Re: Import image from HTTP
              Bruce Bullis Adobe Employee

exportCurrentFrameAsPNG works great. Where are you seeing it fail? [Are you not calling app.enableQE() before using it?]

Not sure how you're going to get an image without the user knowing about it; PPro only calls panels in response to user interaction with panels.