1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 6:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Creating a widescreen 16:9 DVD

ronm8449499

I recently upgraded from Premiere Elements 10 to Premiere Elements 14.  When burning a DVD in Elements 10 I could choice standard or widescreen (4:3 or 16:9).  In Elements 14 I don't see that option and from doing some research it looks like the 16:9 ratio has to be set when creating a new project.  Is there anyway to choice burning a widescreen DVD at the end of a project?  If not, how to I set the correct aspect ratio (16:9) when creating a new project?

• 1. Re: Creating a widescreen 16:9 DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ronm

In Premiere Elements 14, the NTSC or PAL Widescreen 16:9 is determined by the project preset.

The settings of the project preset is Adobe designed to be done by the project based on its analysis of the first file dragged to its Timeline.

If it is not doing it correctly, then you can set the project preset manually via File Menu/New/Project, Change Settings before you import your source media.

The scheme is

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
          • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
          • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
          • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice.

Interestingly, if the project has problem assigning a project preset to the project, the automatic project preset in 14 is now being done to give a "closest fit" project preset instead of the previous default to NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i30 or its PAL counterpart.

Please consider and then let us know if the above targets you question. If you have a 4:3 source and want a 16:9 disc product, we might want to discuss that further.

ATR