• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when upgrading from Captivate 8 project to Captivate 9

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a project using Captivate 9 that I had previously been maintaining using Captivate 8.  But something seems to be happening to the Advanced Actions.

I have been using an conditional advanced action on the first screen, but after I open the file and save it with Captivate 9, the advanced action stops working correctly.  When I looked at it (no edits were done to it), it had become a Standard Advanced Action (versus a Conditional Advanced Action).

In this picture I have both Captivate 8 and Captivate 9 open at the same time (2 different Captivate files), just so you can see the differences.

Originally this (and other) advanced actions were created using Captivate 7, but I had no problem once I moved to Captivate 8.

captivate-8-and-8-advanced-action-same-time.png

I am wondering if when I first open a Captivate 8 file using Captivate 9, should I go through each and every advanced action and re-update them before I save the .cptx file for the first time in Captivate 9?

Thanks.

Randy

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Install the hotfix released several weeks ago (not really a patch, it has to be done manually contrary to a patch that can be installed using Upgrade option). You can find the link and documentation in this KB article:

Hot fix | Adobe Captivate 9 issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with the current version of Captivate 9.0.

Adobe has released a patch for this issue.  There are other threads on this forum that have links to the patch.  You should be able to search for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the hotfix released several weeks ago (not really a patch, it has to be done manually contrary to a patch that can be installed using Upgrade option). You can find the link and documentation in this KB article:

Hot fix | Adobe Captivate 9 issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both (RodWard & Lilybiri) for your quick responses.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources