I think you didn't understand my problem. I get these errors immediately after openning the program, so the Library, the Book and the Slide Presentation Modules don't work.
I can't get to the Export dialog because I can't even ad a file to my catalog. My library is completely empty, there's nothing to export.
Thanks for the update.
I am sorry I missed the part that you were getting the error as soon as you launch and believed that you were getting it while working.
Here are the steps that you need to follow :
- Download the following package, which contains two files: msvcr100.dll and msvcr80.dll
- Extract the package contents to the following location: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom [Version]\
Try creating a new user with administrator rights and then try
Thanks, but I've already tried this too... And it also didn't work...
I'll try to create a new user with administrator rights... I'll report here if it works!
I've tried creating a new user with Administrator rights, but it also didn't work... I have absolutely no idea about what to do to fix this thing!!!
Well, I'm going to recap all that I've tried to do until now:
- Tried to uninstall (sometimes using the creative cloud cleaning tool) an reinstall several times;
- Tried to paste the recomended lightroom 64-bit dll files into the programs folder;
- Tried to install and run under a new administrator user account;
- Tried to uninstall and reinstall all my Visual C++ redistributable packages;
- Checked that all users have full control over all folders needed for Lightroom to work.
- Updated my GPUs drivers (Nvidia GTX 850m and Intel HD4600 integraded card);
- i've also tried to disable the GPU on the Performance tab, in Preferences.
- Updated my Java versions, both 32-bit and 64-bit;
Despite of all these, I still can't use the program.
Also, I've notice a different error message when I try to go to the Slide Presentation Module:
- ?:0: attempt to index field 'videoController' (a nill value)
Please guys, help me!!!
These types of errors should be related to damaged application files. This is why the suggestion of adding the DLL files was made previously. The main thing I would recommend in this case is to uninstall Lightroom (all versions if you have any other installed as well) and then navigating to the application folder and deleting it. You can use the cleaner tool (as you've mentioned), but that would be in addition to the first part, not in replacement of it. This deleting of the folder is the most important bit. If there are damaged files, they may not be getting removed by normal means with the uninstall process.
I`ve already done all these things... I've manually deleted all Lightroom and Adobe folders. In fact, I've done it a million times, and always reebooting my computer after each step to make sure that Windows notice that the files are really gone.
But I still have all these errors... None of the solutions that were given to me worked, including here at the forum or when using adobe phone/chat support service.
I'm mad due the fact that I'm paying for a software that don't work and don't have enought support!!!
I've read this thread abou another customer with the exact same problem as mine (Help WINAPI error 193 when calling Load Library) and she only got it working when the guys at the support center remotelly fixed her problem. I've asked for remote support, but the people at adobe chat are just refusing to do so... So what should I do?
To note, if this solution works, it means that the existing system DLLs are missing or damaged. Likely, they were replaced when installing a different, third-party, application.
This solution is simply adding the correct copies directly into the Lightroom folder, from which Lightroom will reference the files. However, this is technically a workaround to make Lightroom work and the real problem is that your installation of Windows is damaged. Other applications which need code from these same DLL files may also run into trouble.
Thank you very much. The experts at Adobe center could not get me this help and I am suffering since last 4 days.
Now Lightroom is working well.