5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 9:56 PM by BartyLobethal

Why can't I update to LR6.3?

BartyLobethal

I have LR6.1 as a perpetual licence installation. This morning I tried via Help/Update to update to LR6.3. An update window appeared and listed updates to Adobe Application Manager and the LR6.3 update. I selected both and continued. The Application Manager update seemed to be downloading and updating but I wasn't paying close attention. There was no sign that the LR6.3 update was downloading. I re-opned LR6.1 after a while and went to Help/About. I am still on LR6.1. Now, when I select Help/Update, nothing happens. Via some links on a third-party site, I found the page Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3 now available and tried downloading the Windows direct download toward the bottom of the page. The file downloads but does not run. I extracted all files and tried running the Adobe Patch Installer as an Administrator. The UAC window appeared and I selected Yes to continue, then nothing happened.

Why can't I update to LR6.3?

• 1. Re: Why can't I update to LR6.3?
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi BartyLobethal,

Please uninstall Lightroom once from the computer, and then install Lightroom from the following link : Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Why can't I update to LR6.3?
            BartyLobethal Level 1

I just uninstalled LR6.3. I have started to download the update from the link provided - my ISP has 'shaped' my service until tomorrow so downloading will take some time. While waiting for it to download, I tried running the Adobe Patch Installer from my earlier download this morning (link in my OP). Again, the UAC asks me to provide permission, I give permission then nothing happens. At this point I don't have LR on my computer and I have no confidence that the updater I am currently downloading will result in LR being re-installed. I guess I'll know for sure in 4~5 hours when the current download has finished.

• 3. Re: Why can't I update to LR6.3?
              BartyLobethal Level 1

OK, it's finally finished downloading. After extracting all files, I attempted to run the AdobePatchInstaller.exe as an Administrator. As before, UAC requests permission, I grant permission, then nothing happens.

I attempted to troubleshoot in Windows. Running it in Win7 compatibility mode was suggested so I tried that. Same result.

What next?

• 4. Re: Why can't I update to LR6.3?
                BartyLobethal Level 1

I restarted my computer and attempted to run the AdobePatchInstaller.exe again. After granting permission via the UAC, then the Adobe Application Manager opened. At first the window was blank. When I moved my cursor over it, the cursor would disappear. Now the Application Manager is informing me that the update has failed because "this patch is not applicable for you". Is it not applicable because I no longer have Lightroom installed on my computer (because you told me to uninstall it)?

• 5. Re: Why can't I update to LR6.3?
                  BartyLobethal Level 1

OK, I just re-installed LR6.1. Following today's personal experience and the experiences reported by many others, I have no confidence in the LR6.3 update and will not be re-attempting to install this update.