2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2015 4:05 AM by kimaldis

Organising for HDR panoramas

kimaldis Level 1

I'd like to post a request for richer stacking in Lightroom. I'm out shooting HDR panoramas, the end result of which, on import to Lightroom, would be a set of sets of bracketed exposures. That is, for each panorama I have, say, 6 views, each made up of, say, 9 bracketed exposures. My problem now is how to organise them in Lightroom in such a way that I can visualise these sets easily. I could use collections or tags but given that I'm likely to come back with a large number of HDR panorama sets I think this would be kludgy. What I'd prefer is a hierarchical stacking setup so I can have a stack for each view which comprises of a set of stacks, one for each angle of the panorama which would be a set of brackets:

Panorama1
           section 1
                -2, -1.5, -1, -0.5, 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2
           section 2
                -2, -1.5, -1, -0.5, 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2
           section 3
                .... etc

Panorama 2
           section 1
                .... etc

Panorama n

At the moment I'm using stacks in subdirectories, which kind of works but is less than ideal.

I'd also like to suggest a better way to view such a hierarchical set of stacks.  Even with the current single level stacking the visual cues aren't great, trying to work out what's in what stack, which stacks are closed and which are open is cloudy. Maybe a folder-like view would be easier?

HDRs and panoramas are becoming more common, it's not unusual for the two to be combined. I think there's a need for this.

thanks.