3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2015 6:49 AM by A.T. Romano

so the question is how do i export not in 16:9 my video is 1680x1080

grayushi Level 1

im trying to export a video at 1620x1080 that is the orignal video size and when i go in the settings and set it to that pixel per inch it puts a black background around the whole video and if i set it to 1920x1080 it has them on the sides.

• 1. Re: so the question is how do i export not in 16:9 my video is 1680x1080
          A.T. Romano Level 7

grayushi

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system?

Where did you get a 1680 x 1080  video (essentially 3:2 when video is typically 4:3 or 16:9) - from screen capture software or something else?

Please supply information requested and I will suggest the best possible way to get your 1680 x 1080 export that looks acceptable.

In export settings you will need to go under the Advanced Button of the export preset selected. The choice of project preset and export preset is important.

ATR

• 2. Re: so the question is how do i export not in 16:9 my video is 1680x1080
            grayushi Level 1

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

and Windows 10

• 3. Re: so the question is how do i export not in 16:9 my video is 1680x1080
              A.T. Romano Level 7

grayushi

Thanks for the reply.

Please consider and see what this looks like....

1. Open Premiere Elements 12/12.1 to its Expert Workspace

Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to Default Scale to Frame Size

Then File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings according to the following scheme

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
              • In Change Settings, set the project preset to NTSC/DSLR/1080p/DSLR 1080p30@29.97. OK out of there.
              • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
              • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice.

2. In Premiere Elements Expert workspace, use Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets to import your 1680 x 1080 video (assumed at 29.97/30 frames per second)

3. Click on the monitor to bring up the image's bounding box, and use a bounding box handle to scale the image to fill the monitor space just to the point where no black borders are seen.

4. On the export side

Export & Share/Devices/Custom and Advanced Settings.

Then create your custom export preset for H.264.mp4 1680 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second (Pixel Aspect Ratio = 1.0 Square).

Please let us know if the above worked for you and/or you need supplemental information on this.

Thank you.

ATR