Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving an object to the background

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did a video demo on how to multiply two numbers using the Windows calculator. On one slide, I did an opaque rectangle over the calculator and then did move object to background. The text captions have come to the foreground but the calculator still remains hidden behind the frame. I have even tried doing the frame on the Master Slide but still in vain. Could you please help. Thanks.

Sid.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a software simulation, not a video demo. However, can't move the frame to the background showing the calculator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show some screenshots: slide and timeline? I don't understand quite well what you want to do. The software simulation slides are using the Blank master slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it that a software simulation does not allow this? If it was just an image then it would come front and the frame would go back. So howcome the text caption and image then have come in front and but not the calculator? Screenshot attached.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline attached: timeline.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Captivate 7, right?

The calculator is part of the background, am I correct if I see that the 'highlight box' is covering everything on the slide?

Your text caption has a separate timeline, and is sitting on top of the highlight box, that is why it is visible.

You need to take a snapshot of the calculator and insert it also on top of the highlight box. Why do you do this using a simulation capture? I would create it in Captivate itself and it would be a lot more interactive. You can use variables and advanced actions to make that calculator really interactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Captivate 6. Yes the "highlight box" is covering everything on the slide. I'm not aware of the variables and advanced actions yet but that is probably the only solution here. Am still learning the basics. Was learning about "putting a frame" so I tried this in the simulation after I recorded it. I guess it's not possible to put the frame in background. I'm trying but it's just not going to the background of the calculator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understand, but try to learn the terminology as well The word 'frame' is a video term, each Captivate movie is published with a speed of 30 Frames per second. A frame is not a separate object at all, I don't understand what you mean with your question? The background of a software simulation is captured during the recording, and the blank master is used for it. You could use that background, duplicate it (possible in the Library) and edit the copy in a graphical application (I am using Photoshop): crop so that you keep only the calculator. You can use that image then to put it (as an image) on top of the background.

Here is an example of an interactive use case where I used advanced actions to simulate a Keypad:

Create a Keypad-Simulation using Advanced Actions - Captivate blog

Calculations are possible in Captivate, providing you keep to the 4 basic operators. If you want more complicated calculations, you'd better use JavaScript which can be done within Captivate as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources