4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 4:07 AM by M Gehrisch

Lightroom Mobile asks for CC login when offline. Any way to bypass?

LarryW70

I have a wi-fi only iPad. I have dowloaded photos to LR Mobile for offline viewing. All works fine except that every so often a screen pops up asking me to login to my CC account. I can't do that because I am offline and I can't get read of the screen and, therefore, I can't view my photos. If I shut down Mobile and then reopen, it comes right back up to the login request. Is there any way to get rid of this screen so that I can view my photos?

• 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile asks for CC login when offline. Any way to bypass?
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi LarryW,

You are required to be sign in to lightroom Mobile in order to do offline editing as well.

You are not supposed to be connected to internet all the time.

So please sign in to Lightroom Mobile and then disconnect your Ipad from internet and you would be able to edit your images in Lightroom Mobile.

Regards

Sarika

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile asks for CC login when offline. Any way to bypass?
            LarryW70 Level 1

Hi Sarika,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. This requirement is unfortunate and a bit Illogical. Why offer the option of downloading photos to your device for "offline" viewing if you must sign in "online" before using this feature? There a great areas of the western US where one has no wi-fi service. Even people with cell equiped iPads will find many places in the west where there is no cell phone service. If I am going to use up iPad memory eith downloaded photos, I should be able to access those photos whether I am online or not. If I have to sign into my account each time, I might as well free up memory space and leave the photos in the cloud.

Adobe should offer the option of "staying offline" when it asks to log-in. That way a user could at least still view photos they have downloaded directly to their device. I really like Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile, but this restriction makes Mobile of very little use to me.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Best,

LarryW

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile asks for CC login when offline. Any way to bypass?
              sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Yes that would be a great option to staying offline while you opt to work on downloaded images.

But right now you are not required to sign in again and again in Lightroom Mobile to work.

If you have signed in once and even you do not have internet Lightroom Mobile will allow you to work on the downloaded images for offline editing.

I would suggest you to raise a feature request for the idea of staying offline at the following link: Photoshop Family Customer Community

~Sarika

• 4. Re: Lightroom Mobile asks for CC login when offline. Any way to bypass?
                M Gehrisch Level 1

This is not the case. Every time you start LR it seems like the Lightroom Mobile apps checks if you are logged in. I logged in on the weekend when I had internet. Now I am out of the country and can't afford the roaming charge, and Lightroom Mobile will not allow me to work on my Iphone images without logging in, and if there is no Internet connection, I can't work.

1 person found this helpful