3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2015 2:53 PM by A.T. Romano

audio behind video

stevenb2

when I import video file into Premiere Elements12 the audio is about a full second behind video.

• 1. Re: audio behind video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenb

What computer operating system? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What is the device that recorded the video?

What are the properties of the source video audio file and what have you or the project set as the project preset to match the properties of the source video audio?

Are you looking and listening to the rendered Timeline content when you play back the video audio in the Edit area monitor?

If you export the rendered Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive, is the problem in the export also?

Please consider, and supply details. Any questions about the questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: audio behind video
            stevenb2 Level 1

I am running win 7 64bit importing mpeg file with 29 fps and 48000 hz 32bit compressed stereo audio

• 3. Re: audio behind video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenb2

Thanks for the reply and the information. But could you add more based on my post 1 questions.

a. What is the project preset for the project? If you do not know, please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio found under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General (even if the reading look grayed out). Was there an orange line over the Timeline content that you were playing back in the Edit area monitor?

b. What are the properties of your import...so far we know a file with a .mpeg file extension. What is the video compression, MPEG2? What recorded that video - here I want to rule in or out that it was recorded with a variable frame rate which can lead to audio out of sync.

c. What was the result of you doing a mini test run, exporting the Timeline content as is to a file to the computer hard drive? That is the quickest way to sort out a previewing problem in Edit area versus an overall problem with the program.

Thanks.

ATR