7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2015 7:30 PM by A.T. Romano

how to add music files to slide show

jamesc48517285

Can I add a sound track from my own music files to a slide show?

• 1. Re: how to add music files to slide show
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jamesc

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system? Where are you creating this slideshow - in the Elements Organizer or solely in the Premiere Elements Editor?

Is your own music from iTunes?

Please give more details in order to give you the how to part of your question.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to add music files to slide show
            jamesc48517285 Level 1

Most recent version of premiere - I just clicked "create slid show" and yes from itunes or from itunes media files......converted to mp3. I just want to create a photo slide show from my photos on file and add background music that I can select from my music files...wav, mp3, apple lossless...etc

• 3. Re: how to add music files to slide show
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jamesc

Thanks for the reply.

From what you wrote, you are using Premiere Elements 14, but what computer operating system - Mac or Windows?

Premiere Elements (any version) has a history with iTunes music which requires the iTunes music be converted to the WAV Version before import into Premiere Elements project. That conversion can be done in iTunes according to the following how to

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

iTunes music import into the Premiere Elements project that triggers an importer error applies to this solution.

Now Apple lossless music is another story. I believe that will require conversion to WAV or AIFF. And the iTunes conversion cited above should work for that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf  actual page number 55

I am still not certain where you are creating this slideshow...

a. Elements Organizer 14 Create/Slideshow....the Slideshow Builder in that feature lets you use Adobe music built in the themes or your own music. See Slideshow Builder Audio Tab.

or

b. Premiere Elements 14 Expert workspace Project Assets and the Project Assets option of Create Slideshow....the the Slideshow is placed on the Timeline and can use Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets to bring in your own music stored on the computer hard drive and place it in the Music Track in the Timeline.

Please consider, and supply more details if necessary. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: how to add music files to slide show
                jamesc48517285 Level 1

Thanks for your response. I am using windows 10, I did convert the music files to mp3. but when I try to play the slide show that i thought that I have created, I get a message that the format on some of the files are not compatible. I'll just keep trying, but I wish that I can select the photos that I want then add a background sound track to the slide show. When I select CREATE SLIDE SHOW, what is the next step,or did I skip a step?

thanks

• 5. Re: how to add music files to slide show
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jamesc

Thanks for the reply.

If you are in Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit and are importing your photos into the project via Expert workspace Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets, then you can use the Project Assets' Create Slideshow Option.

Import you photos into Project Assets. Create Slideshow option will be available to you if you select/highlight more than 1 photo in Project Assets.

Select the photos that you want in Project Assets. (The order that you click on each to select it can determine the order of appearance of the photos when they get to the Timeline.)

Right click anywhere in the selection to get the Create SlideShow dialog. See Ordering: and set to Selection Order if you want the photos to appear in the order that you selected them in Project Assets before Create SlideShow dialog was opened.

slideshow.JPG

Make your choices and click OK to send your photos directly to the Timeline. Do you editing accordingly.

a. if you remove the check mark next to "Apply Default Transition", you can put your transitions in later when you are in the project's Timeline.

b. if you remove the check mark next to "Apply Default Transition", then you can use "Place Images/Clips at Unnumbered Markers"....place the unnumbered markers before you start the Project Assets' Create Slideshow. The placement of unnumbered markers on the Timeline (at places to corresponds to music), will send the photos to the Timeline unnumbered markers when the Create SlideShow is setup and OK'd.

The screenshot above is actually from Premiere Elements 13, but it reads the same as the one in 14. I did not have 14 on the computer that I am using now.

Please consider. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: how to add music files to slide show
                    jamesc48517285 Level 1

Well maybe it's because hat I am using the trial version of premiere

elements 14. So the only thing that I can access is the video part. I am

just so frustrated . I just want to create a simple slide show and add my

own mp3 files for background music. The photo shop elements 14 that I have

purchased is useless. When I select "create slid show" nothing happens,

there is no response.

Thanks for your help, I am sad that I wasted my money on this brand name

soft ware

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 7:52 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 7. Re: how to add music files to slide show
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jamesc

Thanks for the reply. Not to give up just yet. The trial version is a full version.

Maybe we are not in sync with the details. I am getting the impression that we might not be in the same place.

Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 are standalone products, each coming with Elements Organizer 14. When the two programs are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 14. What do you have on your computer - trial versions of Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 or just one of those programs?

You can create a slideshow in several ways.

1. One way is using the Elements Organizer 14, Create Header/Slideshow. This offers a few themes to select from. And, you can use your own music in the Slideshow Builder of that feature.

See Audio Tab in Slideshow Builder. Have you been there and done that? The output from that feature is a 720p or 1080p AVCHD.mp4 file that is saved to the computer hard drive. That file can be imported into Premiere Elements 14 Editor or burn to disc. See details here

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 14: Elements Organizer 14 Slideshow In Premiere Elements 14 Editor

2. Where I thought you were when you first brought your question here was in the Premiere Elements 14 Editor, in its Project Assets and using Project Assets' Create Slideshow Feature. Please confirm that is where you have been. Have you been able to see the Create Slideshow dialog that I showed in a screenshot in post 5.

3. Why not just use the Premiere Elements 14 Editor - import your files from the computer hard drive using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the files to the Timeline and arrange and edit as wanted. Do not bother with the Project Assets' Create Slideshow option.

What is your intended export for this slideshow?

If you want to take another look at this, please let me know. I will go the extra mile to have you succeed. I will rewrite if there is clarification needed. I am not Adobe, just a visitor to this forum.

We will be watching for your decision for the next hour and then again tomorrow. Do not be discouraged.

Thank you.

ATR