I am running Adobe InDesign CC 2015 in Mac Os X 10.9.5
ID is crashing sometimes when I adjust kerning, sometimes when I change the size of a text box, sometimes when I cut and paste text, sometimes when I place a library item... basically when I try to work . . . and it's taking me 20 to 30 minutes to do 5 minutes' worth of work.
What I've done.
1) Reinstalled InDesign CC 2015
2) Deleted prefs (numerous times)
3) Installed the CopyTextPlugin.app
4) Re-started and deleted prefs with every change
6) Uninstalled and re-installed Dreamweaver
7) Uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Acrobat DC
Going back to a previous version of InDesign isn't an option because I need to use paragraph shading.
I don't know if it makes a difference but I am running InDesign 18.104.22.168
And, of course, posting about the problem means you figure out how to fix it.
I rolled back my version to ID CC 2015 22.214.171.124 and (knock on wood) it seems to have stabilized everything.