14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 9:54 AM by Just Shoot Me

Missing folders

joannab54605923

I am a new user of LR, I hope to get some help from you guys!  I use PC laptop. As I import images into LR everything works fine but once I export edited images the new folder shows up as "missing". I synchronized the folder but it did not help.  It exists in explorer but when I show LR a path it says the folder already exists, do you want to merge. When confirm nothing happens.I see the images that are supposed to be in the "edited" subfolder in the main folder but I want them to be organized and it doesn't seem to happen. What can be done about this issue? Thank you for your help!!!

• 1. Re: Missing folders
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

A Screen Shot says a 1000 words. Please post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Please check your export setting to find out what the subfolder name is and use Finder or File Explorer/My Computer to locate that subfolder then check the permissions of it to find out if your user name has the rights to Read & Write to that folder.

Sounds like the Export system is trying to create a folder in an area of your hard drive that you don't have the rights to Write to.

• 2. Re: Missing folders
            deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

May i know which is that new folder that is coming up missing. What is the export location to which you are exporting the iamges

Thanks

• 3. Re: Missing folders
              joannab54605923 Level 1
              When exporting I assign the export location the same folder as the original photo in subfolder "edited". For the past few days this option worked out great for me and then today as soon as I exported a few files the "edited" folder appeared in LR library but immediately showed as missing. Removing the folder didn't work, synchronizing didn't work, "find missing folder" didn't work.

• 4. Re: Missing folders
                joannab54605923 Level 1

When exporting I assign the export location the same folder as the original photo in subfolder "edited". For the past few days this option worked out great for me and then today as soon as I exported a few files the "edited" folder appeared in LR library but immediately showed as missing. Removing the folder didn't work, synchronizing didn't work, "find missing folder" didn't work.

• 5. Re: Missing folders

What operating system are you using and what version of that OS.

Please post a screen shot of the OS File Manager window, Finder on Mac or Windows/File Explorer on Windows, showing the Folder location you think you are saving your exports to.

Without knowing that exact location, along with the Full Path to that location, it is very hard to help.

• 6. Re: Missing folders
                    joannab54605923 Level 1

I use Windows 8.1. the folder I am having issues with is BWG Al Balad 2015. When I export a finished image I am telling LR to put it in the same folder as original in subfolder edited or prints, depending on the file's size. As you can see LR did what I asked except I can see the folder in file explorer but no matter what I do it doesn't show in LR library. I even deleted and removed the folder and tryed a new export and arrived to the same result. Any ideas what is going on?

folder.png

LR screenshot.pngUntitled.png

• 7. Re: Missing folders
                      99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In the LR Library go to the folder with the question mark. Right-click on prints and choose Update Folder Location. Navigate to that folder on your hard drive and select it.

Does that work?

• 8. Re: Missing folders
                        joannab54605923 Level 1

When I do that I get a message: " The selected folder or one of its subfolders is already in LR. Do you want to merge them?"  I say Merge and nothing happens

• 9. Re: Missing folders

So are the images actually residing in prints or inside another folder contained within prints?

• 10. Re: Missing folders
                            joannab54605923 Level 1

I have BWG Balad folder and Prints subfolder within it that right now contains 3 files. No other subfolders.

• 11. Re: Missing folders

Well it’s a mystery! I would be inclined to right-click on the folder with the question mark and choose remove.

Suggest you rename the folder with the three images in Windows Explorer Perhaps “Prepared Prints”

Then click the import button to add Prepared Prints to the catalog.

• 12. Re: Missing folders

Would you please navigate to the actual Path of that folder (Probably C:\Users\YourUserName\Pictures\BWG AI Balad 2015\prints) and check the permissions on that folder to make sure your user name, your Named User Account, has proper permissions.

• 13. Re: Missing folders
                                  joannab54605923 Level 1

The folder refuses to be removed, renamed or undergo any other command. I just moved the photos in a new folder and deleted the Balad folder as it was driving me nuts! Probably Shootistbond007 is correct and it is a permission issue as nothing of a kind happened to any new folders I created. At least I am happy it is not the LR glitch. Thank you everyone who tried to help me resolve this issue.

• 14. Re: Missing folders

I think it has more to do with the way you created the folder and the actual Path to it along with permissions. In your screen shot of the File Explorer window the Path is listed as "This PC > Pictures". That is what I think is called a symbolic link (which i've never cared for). The link it self might have the proper permissions but not the folder it is Linking To. That is why I asked you to go to the REAL PATH of that folder and check the permissions.

Glad creating another folder worked for you.