11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2015 11:56 AM by Viacheslav Butskyi

Deactivation failed

Viacheslav Butskyi

Greetings!

I want clean install Windows 7.

I deactivate Adobe Premiere Elements 11 from Help menu but it have no result: Deactivate line remain in menu. Must I deactivate application before clean OS installation? How to do this in other manner?

Viacheslav.

• 1. Re: Deactivation failed
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Since version 11, you need only sign into the program to activate it. You can deactivate it just by signing out.

You can be signed in to only two computers at a time -- but, by signing in and out, you can pretty easily choose and change which two computers are activated.

• 2. Re: Deactivation failed
            Viacheslav Butskyi Level 1

Version 11.0 is not CreativeCloud application and it has  Deactivation option only. How can I sign out?

Viacheslav Butskyi.

• 3. Re: Deactivation failed
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Viacheslav Butskyi

When you want to deactivate Premiere Elements 11, you do that by going to the opened project's Help Menu/Deactivate. There is no deactivation by Help Menu/Sign In/Sign Out as there is in 12/12.1, 13/13.1, and 14. For Premiere Elements 11

Deactivate.jpg

After you click on the active Deactivate in the Help Menu and the program is deactivated, the Deactivate word will not disappear from the Help Menu. It will become grayed out.

If you need to activate the program again, then you go through the uninstall, reinstall process. After you click on Deactivate, you do ever get a message from the program that the program has been deactivated?

Deactivation is not the same as uninstall.

Please let us know if the above clarifies the situation and makes the distinction of 11's Deactivate and its counterpart in 12/12.1, 13/13.1, and 14 which is Help Menu/SignIn SignOut.

ATR

• 4. Re: Deactivation failed

2015-11-22-17-10

When I click Deactivate word its colour remaine the same. It not grayed out and program remain activated Process not completed in system. And I want clean install.

Thank You.

• 5. Re: Deactivation failed
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Viacheslav Butskyi

Thank you for the reply.

Please excuse the following. I do not want to take anything for granted in trying to help you.

After you click on the active Deactivate choice under the Premiere Elements 11 Help Menu, do you next get the following dialog and click on "Deactivate Permanently"?

After a short time, do you then get a message from the program telling you that the program has been deactivated successfully?

deactivatescreen.JPG

If you do and you close out of there and then close the project and program......

when you reopen the program, are you asked to activate the program or does the program let you continue to work in it?

ATR

• 6. Re: Deactivation failed

Dear ATR!

No any Deactivate dialog in my system!

Viacheslav Butskyi.

• 7. Re: Deactivation failed
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Viacheslav Butskyi

Thank you for the additional information. Puzzling.

Are you working from a user account with administrative privileges?

Did you install Premiere Elements 11 Windows to your Windows 7 64 bit computer or did it come pre-installed?

If not pre-installed with computer purchased, do you have installation files from download or installation disc?

Depending on the above, the least intrusive thing that I can think of to do at this time is to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

Thank you for considering the comments.

ATR

• 8. Re: Deactivation failed
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Viacheslav Butskyi

Add On to my post 7....

1. Is your computer connected to the Internet?

2. Is your computer clock set correctly?

3. Was your program purchased under a Volume Licensing agreement?

ATR

• 9. Re: Deactivation failed

2015-11-22-19-23

Computer connected to the Internet. Time synchronized. Program installed from DVD in Administrator account. not in User account with Administrator Privileges. I have installation disc. Deleting 11.0 folder changed nothing.

Viacheslav

• 10. Re: Deactivation failed
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Viacheslav Butskyi

Please explain...when you go to Windows 7 64 bit Control Panel and the User Account Setting area, do you find there a local user account which includes in its description Administrator? If so, are you using this account when you are trying to deactivate Premiere Elements 11 using Premiere Elements 11's Help Menu/Deactivate?

ATR

• 11. Re: Deactivation failed

2015-11-22-21:56

OK))

Administrator account is not a User account with Adminisrative rights in Windows. administrator and user account.PNG

PE 11 was installed from Administrator account and deactivation process I execute from my account, VIACHESLAV BUTSKYI —owner. Administrator account now switched off

Viacheslav.