Right Click on the Lightroom icon and choose "Run as Administrator"
Check are you still getting the same issue.
same problem for me.
Running as Administrator does not solve the problem. Import does not work.
If LR stays in Task Manager, try this procedure as advised by another staff member-
Worked for me with same problem-
- Open Lightroom (after a reboot), and then open the Task Manager. (CTRL+ALT+DELETE)
- Right-Click on the App- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom-
- Select the option "Go to details"-
- Right-Click on "Lightroom.exe" Set the Priority to "High": ,
- Close Task Manager.
- Close all programs and Re-Boot the computer
- Reset the Preferences of Lightroom by holding [SHIFT+ALT] as you open Lightroom.
- Check LR closes correctly.
Sorry for responding so late!
Although I am not quite sure if it was the procedure itself but by holding [SHIFT+ALT] I found the possibility to start the programm as administrator permanently in my user account also.
Now the import works again as it should. The only thing is, before 6.3 Lightroom did this without the need of the administrator mode. I wonder why this changed.
I am no 'techi' , so no answer to "why?"
Do you have WIndows-7 set to automatically update? a possible reason - changed folder 'read/write permissions'.
Same problem for me also, but o am on MAC. Can you please advise how to fix.
Sorry Arabella, me not a MAC person.
Can you be more specific about your problem?
Other forum watchers may have an answer.
Oh and sorry! I should not have used the word "another" in the correct answer shown above. I am not staff. I am not a tech. I am only a keen forum watcher that enjoys using Lightroom.
lightroom 6.3 still couldn't import any files.
I,ve already done reccomendation with high priority, as administrator ..
no changes unfortunately