7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 7:40 AM by ssprengel

Camera Profile Disappeared

hcb310 Level 1

Hello:

I'm using Creative Cloud for Lightroom and all other Adobe products.

I created a camera profile specifically for my infrared images.

When I go to the Camera Calibration area, click on Profiles, I show 4 profiles.

I know that the profiles are saved into the following directory:  C:\Users\Helen\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\NIKON D300.

I go to my Explorer and navigate to the directory.  The only thing I have in my Roaming directory is Intel.  This portion of the directory path doesn't exist Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles.

How can I restore my profiles?

Thank you for the help.

• 1. Re: Camera Profile Disappeared
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to find what Users\whatever folder they’re in and be logged in as that user, or copy them from that user to the one you’re logged in as.

When you see Intel only are you looking in the wrong Users\whatever folder, like maybe Public or Default? 

Are you logged in as a different user and not Helen?   Or were no logged in as a different user when you made the profiles?

If the AppData folder doesn’t have any Adobe folder then you’ve likely not installed any Adobe products when logged in as that User or you’re mistaken about which Users subfolder is your own and are looking in a different one.

• 2. Re: Camera Profile Disappeared
            hcb310 Level 1

When I open any of the Adobe products, my name is shown at the top left.  And, all the applications work.

I am navigating to the correct directory.

As for logging in, I'm never prompted to log in.  I did when I downloaded the products.  Since then, I'm not prompted to login.

• 3. Re: Camera Profile Disappeared
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

He meant the Name you are Logged in to on the Computer. Each User account has a folder that stores settings for various different programs. Logged into one username will give you one set of setting while logged into another username will give you something else.

• 4. Re: Camera Profile Disappeared
                hcb310 Level 1

Right now, I have a Windows problem.

I switched user accounts in hope of seeing the settings.  When I went to switch back to my account, the account doesn't exist. Now I'm unable to log in to Windows.

• 5. Re: Camera Profile Disappeared
                  Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

User account don't just disappear.

Reboot your system and if you are able to log in to any user account open File Explorer (Windows Explorer/My Computer or Computer) and look in the C drive for Users. Expand that to get a list of current user accounts on your system. You might have to have Show hidden files, folder or drives checked under the Hidden files and folders option and uncheck Hide protected operating system file (recommended) in the folder option View tab in Control panel.

• 6. Re: Camera Profile Disappeared
                    hcb310 Level 1

I managed to fix the user account.

DOes Adobe have camera profiles to download? 

I still have the missing AppData/Roaming/Camera/Camera Profiles.

• 7. Re: Camera Profile Disappeared
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If the camera profiles are those supplied by Adobe with Lightroom, then reinstall Lightroom.  You can use the download links, here, to do that:

LR 6.0/2015.0:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

LR 6.3/2015.3:  http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015

If the camera profiles are ones you’ve created, yourself, like you described in your first message, then those will need to be recreated or found in some sort of backup copy you’ve made if there is one.  Adobe doesn’t keep track of things that you’ve created on your local machine, right?

If the C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\ is only missing the CameraProfiles folder then that makes sense because it only gets created when it is needed when you create your first local profiles.  If the Adobe folder doesn't exist, that would be strange if you've installed Lightroom on the system because AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom would have been created with all the built-in presets and preferences.

Each windows login user has it's own copy of these folders so depending on what has happened on your computer to various users, maybe the user you're logged into at the moment doesn't have them.  Make sure your current user has Administrator rights and look in each C:\Users\username subfolder structure for the AppData\Roaming\Adobe folder.