7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 10:03 PM by KeyStudio

Free offer information: be sure to cancel Adobe Stock in 14 days for refund

KeyStudio Level 2

I was just told by support that to get a refund for the first month, the plan needs to be canceled within 14 days of signing up. After that, the service will no longer work. So it's really a free first two weeks, not free first month; you will be reimbursed for the first month fee but not be able to use it for that whole first month.

Those terms were not in the email I got about the offer. It seems it should have been; it refers to term offer but does not define the period of the terms. It would have been quite easy to say 14 days, I think.

• 1. Re: Free offer information: be sure to cancel Adobe Stock in 14 days for refund
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have been given some misinformation.

The 30 day free works by you pay for the first month and then you are immediately refunded the first month fee. You must cancel within 30 days to prevent being charged again. Be sure to download your 10 free images before you cancel.

• 2. Re: Free offer information: be sure to cancel Adobe Stock in 14 days for refund

Do you have a transcript of the chat or anything where you were told that? It would be very helpful to ensure that support person gets the right info out.

• 3. Re: Free offer information: be sure to cancel Adobe Stock in 14 days for refund
              Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi there

I'll address this with the agent concerned as they initially said 30 days, then talked about 14 days.

Apologies for the misinformation.

Regards

Bev

• 4. Re: Free offer information: be sure to cancel Adobe Stock in 14 days for refund
                KeyStudio Level 2

info: You are now chatting with Sai.

Please don’t close the chat window or browser tab since it will end our chat session.

Sai: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Sai: Hi Lori

Lori Key: Hi

Lori Key: I have some questions about the Adobe Stock free image offer

Lori Key: I wanted to sign up for the free first month and ten images but I am afraid of not being able to cancel it before I continue to get billed

Lori Key: the user forums are filled with people having this problem so I am hesitant to sign up

Lori Key: can you tell me what the process is to take advantage of the offer

Sai: I will check and assist you with that

Lori Key: I do not want it to interfere with my current CC plan, also

Lori Key: i.e., starting it over at a new level (CC + Adobe Stock)

Sai: You can sign up for free trail of Stock, and you can cancel it within 30 days.

Lori Key: so I have to pay for it and then cancel to get a refund?

Lori Key: I am asking for specific steps, please

Lori Key: and whom do I contact to cancel?

Sai: You will get refund if you contact us within 14 days from the date of purchase

Lori Key: and will it affect my current CC plan

Lori Key: wait, I thought it was 30 days? it's 14?

Lori Key: do I still get to use it for the whole month?

Sai: Once the refund is initiated you cannot use it anymore

Lori Key: so 14 days is the offer term

Sai: Yes if  you can contact us within 14 days  you will get refund

Lori Key: within 14 days of the billing by adobe or 14 days of signing up for the plan?

Sai: It is the date you purchase

Lori Key: or within 14 days of the "free" first month

Lori Key: ok

Sai: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Lori Key: and how long will it take to be refunded?

Sai: You will get within 5-7 days

Lori Key: and will asking for a refund also cancel the membership?

Lori Key: or is it two steps

Lori Key: also, once again, whom do I contact to cancel/get a refund

Lori Key: is there a phone number?

Sai: You need to contact us to cancel and for refund. We will do that for you

Lori Key: what form of contact

Lori Key: email, chat, or phone?

Sai: You need to contact us via chat in the same way you done now

Lori Key: that is the only way?

Sai: You can also contact the phone support team

Lori Key: thank you

Moderator Note: I removed your personal email address from chat log copy - Brad Lawryk

• 5. Re: Free offer information: be sure to cancel Adobe Stock in 14 days for refund
                  KeyStudio Level 2

Thank you, it is a little confusing! I have decided to not sign up because when I took a look at the images there I didn't find any that would be useful for future design projects but clarifying this should make it easier for others who chose to take advantage of this offer.

• 6. Re: Free offer information: be sure to cancel Adobe Stock in 14 days for refund

Well if that isn't the most confusing chat, I see why you were confused and frustrated ......

• 7. Re: Free offer information: be sure to cancel Adobe Stock in 14 days for refund
                      KeyStudio Level 2

So it wasn't just my imagination, LOL! And thanks for removing my e-mail address–I thought I omitted it when I copied the transcript but I think rereading it made my head start to spin again.