Please make sue that you have no pending windows update.
Could you please also try the following steps as they might help:
Solution 1: Please also try to launch Lightroom holding the Alt key to select a different catalog or create a new one.Solution 2: Run Lightroom as an Administrator.
Solution 3: Change the permissions on your catalog's folder.
- Open the Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom folder.
- Right-click on the Lightroom.exe file.
- Choose Run as administrator
- Select the folder your catalog is in. By default, this is your Pictures/Lightroom folder.
- Right-click on that folder.
- Choose Properties > Security > Edit.
- Select your user name in the Group or user names section. and click Full Control under Permissions.
- Click Apply, then click OK out of all the dialog boxes.
Let us know if it helps.
May I know which solution actually helped you?
Adobe technical support had to replace the program because the file was corrupt.
Thanks for the update.